Matt Rhule

BlackHand

15 minutes ago, CharBroiled said:

I don't like this.
I don't like this at all.

47-43 record as a college head coach.

11-27 as an NFL coach

In 2015 he signed an 4-year extension with Temple to extend him through 2021 and he jumps a season later to Baylor. At Baylor, his teams never beat a ranked team.

This sounds eerily similar to Mike Riley.

I mean I dunno if he’s the right guy or not but trying to compare him to Mike Riley is a big reach.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, CharBroiled said:

I don't like this.
I don't like this at all.

47-43 record as a college head coach.

11-27 as an NFL coach

In 2015 he signed an 4-year extension with Temple to extend him through 2021 and he jumps a season later to Baylor. At Baylor, his teams never beat a ranked team.

This sounds eerily similar to Mike Riley.

Not the home run hire we needed 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, caveman99 said:

True, also means Rhule has built connections in PA and TX, his TX connections have been lauded by pundits actually, so that would help you would think. 

How good a recruiter is he? N needs consistent top 15 classes with some top 10. Until I see it, that is my main concern with him. Otherwise with good but not great recruiting classes with this guy may put us neck to neck with five other teams in the West Division, with USC ruling. 

2 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

How good a recruiter is he? N needs consistent top 15 classes with some top 10. Until I see it, that is my main concern with him. Otherwise with good but not great recruiting classes with this guy may put us neck to neck with five other teams in the West Division, with USC ruling. 

He has never recruited at that level. Our only hope rests in his new staff.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Maybe you need to have a look at what teams get top 10 classes these days. 

• TBH 1

This imo is a repeat mistake of a hire. Rhule will be a bust here. Karma could have been flipped with loyalty to MJ from the administration but instead the administration is repeating past mistakes and canning a loyal coach. Gotta say this repeat mistake is getting old. 

On a hopeful note, maybe MJ gets a chance at ASU with BB and BA tagging along with him. Mickey is the right choice but the blind continue leading the blind. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2