Matt Rhule

BlackHand

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Rhule passed on Fields. 

His (the ownership) made some dd picks while he was there.  The thing is in college he can grab 25 guys at a time to try and plug holes.  The NFL 7-8 tops.  not to mention at the college level he chooses, NFL not as much.  He also inherited a veteran team with a "losing culture"....Can't flip that like in college.  I'll give him a pass.  He has shown that he can build at the college level.  As far as recruiting, unless if was Urbs or Prime, that needle wasn;t moving much.  Start win and recruiting will improve.  6 losing seasons and no bowls (now the longest active no bowl streak) will do that to a team.  

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, Caveman said:

He has never recruited at that level. Our only hope rests in his new staff.

Yes, definitely his new staff, which hopefully includes Joseph and Bush, among other ace recruiters. He will need better talent than those five other West teams to rise above them and compete with LR’s USC teams. Assuming the Big 10 places USC in the West to balance both divisions. We will have to keep a close watch who he hires. I hope he talks about the importance in recruiting in his press conference. He must keep Joseph to sign Coleman. 

• Fire 1

33 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Rhule's NFL failure was less embarrassing than Urban Meyer's spectacular flame-out. The only difference is Rhule didn't stay at either of his college jobs to prove his 10+ win seasons at Temple and Baylor weren't somehow flukes.

You get opportunity when you win, that's what he did. Got another one for losing in the NFL so I'm not sure what I'm trying to say.

• Fire 1

If Rhule wanted to screw the Panthers he would take a marginal salary and spend the difference on assistants.

He would still make $7 mil if he took $100,000-250,000 with bonuses and length of contract clauses.  Make a 1/2 million conference appararance $1 million make the playoff bonus.

Keep Joseph and Bush a year for consistency and evaluate year end.  Spend a million a piece on OC and DC.

• Plus1 1