Matt Rhule

BlackHand

I don’t know, Mickey got a top 100 recruit to come here when he had his choice of a lot of great programs.He literally said the only reason he came here was because of Mickey. I think it would be extremely arrogant and stupid for us to part ways with Mickey because we have recruited well in the past without him

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, man eating mastodon said:

You get opportunity when you win, that's what he did. Got another one for losing in the NFL so I'm not sure what I'm trying to say.

It also hasn't been announced yet, and the search firm Alberts hired kept the lid so freaking tight on the USC process nobody saw Lincoln Riley coming until the actual press conference, so who knows? But bottom line, I will definitely not guarantee Rhule would be wildly successful at Nebraska, but I'm seeing and hearing a lot of "HIS RECORD SUCKS!" or "HE CAN'T RECRUIT PLAYERS TO THE BIG 10!" which is just odd because he didn't stick around at those two jobs very long to really get a handle on any of that.

For the record I hope Mickey is retained as the WR coach and chief recruiter and given a higher pay rate than would be expected along with a nice hefty end of year bonus for being interim of such a hot mess.  

Also for the record, if Rhule brings all of his Carolina coaching staff along to fill the assistant spots and not fill each spot with the best of the best available in the nation, I am going to lose my sh**. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

17 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

I don’t know, Mickey got a top 100 recruit to come here when he had his choice of a lot of great programs.He literally said the only reason he came here was because of Mickey. I think it would be extremely arrogant and stupid for us to part ways with Mickey because we have recruited well in the past without him

Dude…NIL

30 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

For those comparing Rhule to Riley (which is just laughable) consider this:  In 17 years of being a college football head coach, Riley had ONE 10 win season.  Rhule on the other hand had three 10+ wins seasons in just 7 years.  Rhule has a lot of college losses because both programs that he took over were complete dumpster fires when he arrived (sound familiar??).  The first year he was at Temple he was 2-10 and the first year he was at Baylor he was 1-11.  Two seasons later both teams were 10+ win juggernauts.  For anyone to do this once is hard enough, but twice landed him a gig in the NFL.  If you think hiring an NFL reject is a problem, then Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh and many others would like to have a word or two with you!

There is nobody on this earth who is currently looking for work as a football head coach more qualified to turn this turdsicle of a Nebraska football program around than Matt Rhule.  If he leaves after making us a 10+ win team again in a few years, then fine.  We will pay well for another big name who will not have to build from the ground up. 

So they have the same number of 10+ win seasons in P5 football and both failed as NFL head coaches, yet Rhule is vastly superior?

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

For those comparing Rhule to Riley (which is just laughable) consider this:  In 17 years of being a college football head coach, Riley had ONE 10 win season.  Rhule on the other hand had three 10+ wins seasons in just 7 years.  Rhule has a lot of college losses because both programs that he took over were complete dumpster fires when he arrived (sound familiar??).  The first year he was at Temple he was 2-10 and the first year he was at Baylor he was 1-11.  Two seasons later both teams were 10+ win juggernauts.  For anyone to do this once is hard enough, but twice landed him a gig in the NFL.  If you think hiring an NFL reject is a problem, then Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh and many others would like to have a word or two with you!

There is nobody on this earth who is currently looking for work as a football head coach more qualified to turn this turdsicle of a Nebraska football program around than Matt Rhule.  If he leaves after making us a 10+ win team again in a few years, then fine.  We will pay well for another big name who will not have to build from the ground up. 

So you're saying our program sucks so bad that we now want an NFL reject who happened to have moderate success at Temple and Baylor? Have some pride, man. We have not fallen so far as to settle for a coach like Rhule.

• TBH 1
10 minutes ago, The Whale said:

So you're saying our program sucks so bad that we now want an NFL reject who happened to have moderate success at Temple and Baylor? Have some pride, man. We have not fallen so far as to settle for a coach like Rhule.

I imagine USC, LSU/Bama, South Carolina, Arkansas, Michigan all said the same. That said, all those coaches went on to have a lot of success after failing in the NFL.

• Thanks 1