Matt Rhule

BlackHand

1 hour ago, Rhuletheday said:

For the record I hope Mickey is retained as the WR coach and chief recruiter and given a higher pay rate than would be expected along with a nice hefty end of year bonus for being interim of such a hot mess.  

Also for the record, if Rhule brings all of his Carolina coaching staff along to fill the assistant spots and not fill each spot with the best of the best available in the nation, I am going to lose my sh**. 

If he did that you can forget about recruiting. And Rhule himself is not known as an elite recruiter. So he better put together a staff of elite recruiters, in addition to being good developers. Without great recruiting classes, N will at best be in a log jam among five other teams, with USC rising above everyone in the West. I just don’t see Rhule being any better than those five West team coaches who have made bowl games. Thus he will need a staff of great recruiters to rise above them. 

Some interesting takes…

A) don’t compare Rhule to Mike Riley. Comparing their records is like comparing apples to oranges that aren’t on the same planet. While their records are similar the end result was not. 
B) There’s a lot Mikey could have done better this season but he DID just beat an Iowa team we have lost 7 straight to in spite of an anemic play caller and offense (with the exception of Casey and Palmer, which are only here because of Mickey I might add) 

just my 2 cents carry on

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Finally some talk internally.   My guy is saying some hurdles left in the negotiations.   He thinks the leak came as a form of leverage on Rhule's side.  That is his guess,  not a known fact.    

Wouldn't there be an advantage to Rhule and Mickey discussing their potential future together here prior to an announcement? That takes some time that they haven't been able to do yet. Now that the season is complete they have and opportunity to do so then that could be addressed during the announcement altogether. Mickey discusses it with his family beforehand and makes a decision. Then the answer to that question can be answered at the same time simultaneous. 

2 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Contract negotiations still going on.. everyone is all hyped about this and as it stands currently the only thing Rhule is coaching is his dog on ways to piss on his neighbors lawn. Time will tell but nothing is final yet.

That was a beach. And unlike Kirk Ferentz, Rhule trains his dogs and has the courtesy to pick up after them. :) 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

Some interesting takes…

A) don’t compare Rhule to Mike Riley. Comparing their records is like comparing apples to oranges that aren’t on the same planet. While their records are similar the end result was not. 
B) There’s a lot Mikey could have done better this season but he DID just beat an Iowa team we have lost 7 straight to in spite of an anemic play caller and offense (with the exception of Casey and Palmer, which are only here because of Mickey I might add) 

just my 2 cents carry on

Exactly.  Riley not only had a better career winning percentage, but better wins on his resume as well.  Not a fair comparison. 

• Haha 1