Matt Rhule

BlackHand

26 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

My goodness, there are too many retards in this thread. 

WE ARE 38-56 IN LAST 8 SEASONS. WE WILL NEVER BRING THE LIKES OF URBAN OR KIFFIN. GET OVER YOURSELVES. THIS IS NOT 1998.

Funny thing is I'm not sure Kiffin is better than Rhule and I'm guessing at least a decent percentage of the fan base was against bringing urban.   

I agree Urban was a stretch but I think Trev could have Kiffin if he wanted him and the boosters were willing to pay for him. 

As far as the rest of your comment, grow up man. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Funny thing is I'm not sure Kiffin is better than Rhule and I'm guessing at least a decent percentage of the fan base was against bringing urban.   

I agree Urban was a stretch but I think Trev could have Kiffin if he wanted him and the boosters were willing to pay for him. 

Yeah I went a bit overboard but you've gotta admit the fans are wayyy over their heads for a program thats hasn't won anything in 23 years along with 6 straight losing seasons. If this was 2019 or 2020, we would never think Rhule would even bother coming here. 

As far as I'm aware, TC flat out refused to allow even contacting  Kiffin or Urban, not that they'd even bother picking the call. They don't want fiesty guys who'd publicly call them out for meddling. For a long time, Leipold was the favorite because TC leaders like Dr. Tom favor "fiscal responsibility"  aka coaches who do reasonably well on a lesser budget. Thank God the Omaha boosters stepped in and threatened to cut their funding to the program if the upper management went the cheaper route.

So on the condition the Omaha guys would foot the majority of the bill, top tier candidates were contacted.  Fickell flat out said "thanks but not interested". Negotiations with Rhule broke down twice or thrice but finally Trev won. 

6 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

Yeah I went a bit overboard but you've gotta admit the fans are wayyy over their heads for a program thats hasn't won anything in 23 years along with 6 straight losing seasons. If this was 2019 or 2020, we would never think Rhule would even bother coming here. 

As far as I'm aware, TC flat out refused to allow even contacting  Kiffin or Urban, not that they'd even bother picking the call. They don't want fiesty guys who'd publicly call them out for meddling. For a long time, Leipold was the favorite because TC leaders like Dr. Tom favor "fiscal responsibility"  aka coaches who do reasonably well on a lesser budget. Thank God the Omaha boosters stepped in and threatened to cut their funding to the program if the upper management went the cheaper route.

So on the condition the Omaha guys would foot the majority of the bill, top tier candidates were contacted.  Fickell flat out said "thanks but not interested". Negotiations with Rhule broke down twice or thrice but finally Trev won. 

Do you have any proof to any of this or just throwing up a  WAG?

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think Kiffin is squirrelly and overrated. He seems like another middle school favorite drummed up by some social media guru. Urban is Urban, he made his problems.

14 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

For starters,  Trev hasn't won yet.   Your take on the rest is just guessing.

• Plus1 1

I'm sure Matt Rhule would be superior to Scott Frost as a Big Ten school HC, who wouldn't be?  But I think he's a waste of money when we already have an impassioned coach who knows what's up and is chomping at the bit to recruit and get going on the next season.  It doesn't get any better than that, contrary to hype. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Osbourneite said:

My goodness, there are too many retards in this thread. 

WE ARE 38-56 IN LAST 8 SEASONS. WE WILL NEVER BRING THE LIKES OF URBAN OR KIFFIN. GET OVER YOURSELVES. THIS IS NOT 1998.

I wouldnt go that far, i think if we get out of the bottom of the cellar we can get a better name coach.  But the sky is falling narrative going on here is pretty unnecessary.  

3 minutes ago, Hagg said:

I'm sure Matt Rhule would be superior to Scott Frost as a Big Ten school HC, who wouldn't be?  But I think he's a waste of money when we already have an impassioned coach who knows what's up and is chomping at the bit to recruit and get going on the next season.  It doesn't get any better than that, contrary to hype. 

That was some sorry coaching in the second half of the Iowa game. Almost gave it away.