Matt Rhule

BlackHand

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This could change if Rhule has indeed signed the contract, and NU makes a press release in the next hour or so.

My uneducated guess is that Nebraska will send out the press release/tweet right before Rhule goes on Gameday.

I mean it would be super dumb (and par for the course for Nebraska, to be honest) to have him go on and not be able to talk about being the Nebraska coach only to name him coach later today or tomorrow.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Red Five said:

My uneducated guess is that Nebraska will send out the press release/tweet right before Rhule goes on Gameday.

I mean it would be super dumb (and par for the course for Nebraska, to be honest) to have him go on and not be able to talk about being the Nebraska coach only to name him coach later today or tomorrow.

I think that's a possibility too.  There could be a press release at 9 AM Central, with the press conference to happen tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Ok, of those on here who are very upset about the possiblity of Matt Rhule,  Tell me the guy you think we could get here and do well here.

I've stated in the other thread.  I believe Fickell would be the best option.  Meyer would be #1 if he wasn't a shred of emotional and situational life intelligence.

Fickell flat out said not interested.

I guess I am excited, more glad its over.  I really hope they keep Mickey, as many of you already stated.  Question, how was Matt as a recruiter?  Its probably hard to really judge results from Temple and Baylor, but what's everyone opinion?  The question I should be asking is how has his team developed Offensive Lines!  :)

10 hours ago, Caveman said:

So they have the same number of 10+ win seasons in P5 football and both failed as NFL head coaches, yet Rhule is vastly superior?

Riley never went from 1-11 or 2-10 to a 10+ win season ever.  Rhule did it twice in two years each.

They say that a new Head Coach makes their biggest jump in wins from year one to year two.  This is a very strong metric of judging a head coaches ability to turn things around and quickly.  Lets compare some P5 head coaches shall we?

Matt Rhule: Baylor 1-11 to 7-6 (+6 wins)

Bill Callahan: Nebraska 5-6 to 8-4 (+3 wins)

Mike Riley:  Oregon State 3-8 to 5-6 (+2 wins), Nebraska 6-7 to 9-4 (+3 wins)

Scott Frost:  Nebraska 4-8 to 5-7 (+1 win)

• Fire 1