Matt Rhule

BlackHand

5 minutes ago, thatguy said:

I’m not sold on this hire, tbh. I just don’t see him having the ability to develop players to compete in the B1G. 

He's done it everywhere he's been

5 minutes ago, thatguy said:

I’m not sold on this hire, tbh. I just don’t see him having the ability to develop players to compete in the B1G. 

He's done it everywhere he's been

10 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

I think Rhule will keep Mickey. Trey Palmer was the difference today Iowa has nobody that could match him most B1G schools can't. Mickey is one of the few assistants that Rhule could get that can land him players like that.

Did Mickey bring anybody else from Louisiana other than Palmer?

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Mickey is fine as a WR coach and head recruiter. 

I've heard/read MJ isn't a fan of Rhule's becasue of how Joe Brady ended his tenure in Carolina.   Reports are Rhule wants MJ to stay but MJ is unsure if he can work with Rhule.

2 minutes ago, sho said:

I've heard/read MJ isn't a fan of Rhule's becasue of how Joe Brady ended his tenure in Carolina.   Reports are Rhule wants MJ to stay but MJ is unsure if he can work with Rhule.

And if that’s true, then so be it. I really like Mickey as an assistant coach, but let’s not act like he invented how to recruit to Nebraska.

• TBH 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And if that’s true, then so be it. I really like Mickey as an assistant coach, but let’s not act like he invented how to recruit to Nebraska.

I agree, I personally would like MJ to stay, but we can find assistants that can recruit at a high level here if he leaves.  Heck, Callahan's staff was pulling great classes here and MJ wasn't on the staff.

• Plus1 1

For those comparing Rhule to Riley (which is just laughable) consider this:  In 17 years of being a college football head coach, Riley had ONE 10 win season.  Rhule on the other hand had three 10+ wins seasons in just 7 years.  Rhule has a lot of college losses because both programs that he took over were complete dumpster fires when he arrived (sound familiar??).  The first year he was at Temple he was 2-10 and the first year he was at Baylor he was 1-11.  Two seasons later both teams were 10+ win juggernauts.  For anyone to do this once is hard enough, but twice landed him a gig in the NFL.  If you think hiring an NFL reject is a problem, then Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh and many others would like to have a word or two with you!

There is nobody on this earth who is currently looking for work as a football head coach more qualified to turn this turdsicle of a Nebraska football program around than Matt Rhule.  If he leaves after making us a 10+ win team again in a few years, then fine.  We will pay well for another big name who will not have to build from the ground up. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2