If Mickey isn't on the new coaching staff we riot at dawn

knapplc

11 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

That will probably be more Mickey's decision than anything.  I think a new coach at the very least would want to keep him on as a WR coach and recruiter.  Sometimes, when an assistant gets a taste at head coaching, but is passed over, they have hurt feelings and go elsewhere. 

Mickey and Busch both want to stay in any position, so it really just comes do to rhule wanting to keep them...but given their experience and recruiting ability rhule would be crazy not to keep them on. 

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, BoSolich said:

Mickey and Busch both want to stay in any position, so it really just comes do to rhule wanting to keep them...but given their experience and recruiting ability rhule would be crazy not to keep them on. 

Funny I’ve been told Busch is gone and it was his choice.  Rhule wants MJ to stay but MJ doesn’t think he can work for Rhule.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Husker_luver said:

Husker fans are crazy about keeping assistants. People are out on Twitter listing like 5 coaches they hope Rhule keeps. The team won 4 games, not happening.

NU fans are loyal to a fault.  They also don't want to look outside their own bubble.

Also, I don't watch as much college football as I did 10-20 years ago, but I don't think a lot of Nebraskans follow college football closely, other than Nebraska.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

mickey and busch are both nebraska guys. they don't want to leave and not a lot of other schools are going to pay them $600k+ a year as an assistant.

rhule may not want them, but that would probably be a mistake on his part.

I think Rhule would have a mutiny on his hands if he doesn't offer the chance to stay. That said, I think MJ should weigh his options thoroughly. My concern is if there is a winning solution here. Many, many, many Nebraska fans really really Really wanted MJ to be given a chance. So unity might be a huge issue. Mickey will speak with the team obviously and because he's all class will do the best thing for everyone involved. (If he goes he'll do on his terms we hope and that likely should sooth most player emotions. It should also help fans move on too. If MJ decides to stay well.. this becomes a non-factor.)

• Haha 2