If Mickey isn't on the new coaching staff we riot at dawn

knapplc

8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Do you have this same view toward Omaha recruiting?.......

I think Omaha recruiting is very important, and yes losing Mickey would suck in that part. However, I would expect Rhule to understand how important local recruiting is, and have someone on his staff who could be a great local recruiter. 

As @HANCpointed out, Rhule had great relationships with the Texas high school coaches. It wouldn’t be a stretch for him to develop similar relationships with the Nebraska high school coaches. I think Rhule would put in the effort to do so. 

12 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

mickey went 3-6 and finished 6 of 7 in the least talented big 10 west division ever. he had no argument to stay on as HC. he'll happily accept an assistant position at his alma mater.

Yep. Look I love his energy. Love that he cares. But results matter and he said that himself. And if we are being honest the in game coaching left a lot to be desired. We left wins against Minny and Wisconsin on the table by getting too conservative with leads and letting our D get gassed. Almost happened with Iowa as well and Rutgers was close. I hope he stays but we need a more seasoned HC and I think we got the right guy for the job.