If Mickey isn't on the new coaching staff we riot at dawn

knapplc

Just now, huskered17 said:

Doesn't Mickey have a clause in his contract, that he can stay on as w/r coach and associate head coach ? I guess it would be up to him, if he wants to stay or leave, if that's the case.

GBR!!!

I read that. It was a tweet of a tweet of a…..  who knows if it’s true. 

3 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Doesn't Mickey have a clause in his contract, that he can stay on as w/r coach and associate head coach ? I guess it would be up to him, if he wants to stay or leave, if that's the case.

GBR!!!

His clause was something along the lines his title returns to WR/AHC once permanent coach is hired.   Permanent coach will then decide who he wants on staff and Mickey will be paid the remainder of his contract if new coach does not retain him.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

That will probably be more Mickey's decision than anything.  I think a new coach at the very least would want to keep him on as a WR coach and recruiter.  Sometimes, when an assistant gets a taste at head coaching, but is passed over, they have hurt feelings and go elsewhere. 

I don't think MJ will stay and I am not sure that Rhule would want to keep him, as the saying goes...a house should not have two masters.

I'm in the minority, but I just don't see where MJ is really needed.  I could see us being succesful without him.  I don't see it as mandatory like alot of fans do. 

Nebraska's receivers were bascially the same they were as under Frost.  MJ's boy just declared for the draft.  I'll be shocked if he is even drafted.  If I was an NFL team, i'd ask him in his intervew why his productivity disappeared when his team needed him most during the season.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, huskered17 said:

GBR!!!

Mickey’s contract was for 3 years. If Rhule does not offer him a job, Mickey will get paid from NU for the next 2 years. If Mickey and Rhule can’t come to an agreement, I still think Mickey gets paid for the next 2 years, but of course would be reduced if he takes another job. Mickey’s job on the next staff is not assured just because he had a 3 year contract. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I'm in the minority, but I just don't see where MJ is really needed.  I could see us being succesful without him.  I don't see it as mandatory like alot of fans do. 

Nebraska's receivers were bascially the same they were as under Frost.  MJ's boy just declared for the draft.  I'll be shocked if he is even drafted.  If I was an NFL team, i'd ask him in his intervew why his productivity disappeared when his team needed him most during the season.

Gotta disagree on the bolded part. Palmer was lights out. Imagine if he had a QB that could throw to him for all of the games. When injuries took over and the backups were in, it was awful. The WR corp was better under Mickey...at least looked better and had the ability to stretch the field. Not sure there was a WR that could stretch the field before this crew came in.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Gotta disagree on the bolded part. Palmer was lights out. Imagine if he had a QB that could throw to him for all of the games. When injuries took over and the backups were in, it was awful. The WR corp was better under Mickey...at least looked better and had the ability to stretch the field. Not sure there was a WR that could stretch the field before this crew came in.

Yeah i understand that.  I think the inability to be effective when it matters was frustrating.  Palmer is really the exception compared to the Frost era, although i still think he's not ready for next level.