Fickell to Wiscy?!

Pretty bold move for Wisconsin, if it pans out. Fickell is against the grain of what Wisconsin has done for the last few decades, and he would probably demand a pretty hefty salary outside of what Wisconsin would traditionally be comfortable paying.

Anybody who thinks Nebraska got played by hiring Rhule over Fickell is being incredibly superficial in their analysis. There are a lot of reasons to like Fickell and Rhule as college football coaches, and no coach is ever going to have full, unanimous support.

As I said in the Rhule thread, that's why we play the games. Let's see what happens on Saturdays. Nebraska fans love to win the offseason championship and that hasn't done much for them in the last two decades.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Why is this AUTOMATICALLY on Trev? You guys make me smh..so damn negative, and it is you guys who are the joke. Could it be Trev made a run at Fickell????? Could it be that Fickell wanted to be at Wiscy more than here.  No one knows, but easier to just point fingers and complain. And, wasn’t Fickell the HC when we came back on OSU when they collapsed in Lincoln.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, HANC said:

Why is this AUTOMATICALLY on Trev? You guys make me smh..so damn negative, and it is you guys who are the joke. Could it be Trev made a run at Fickell????? Could it be that Fickell wanted to be at Wiscy more than here.  No one knows, but easier to just point fingers and complain. And, wasn’t Fickell the HC when we came back on OSU when they collapsed in Lincoln.

Exactly.  I am sure that Fickells agent was contacted, and they turned down any kind of interview or discussion.  Like I said on a different thread, we will never know who was asked and who declined even and interview at this point.  What we do know is that we made a few coaches more money along the way.