Evan Cooper Hired as Defensive Backs Coach

Red Five

I split this out of the general assistants thread because this seems likely.

Cooper has been with Rhule every step of the way since being a GA for Temple in 2013.  

He was in an off-field role until being named cornerbacks coach and recruiting coordinator at Baylor in 2018.  Was also the CB coach at Carolina.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Evan Cooper Hired as Defensive Backs Coach

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Was thinking the same thing. If Cooper is going to be the recruiting coordinator, that would signal that MJ is gonzo. 

I am going just from memory so i could be wrong, but i don't think Mickey was the Recruiting Coordinator at LSU.

Just because he is not the RC does not mean he does not have a place on the staff.

Besides Cooper obviously knows what type of player and athlete Rhule wants.

Not necessarily meaning that Mickey won't be on the staff.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Was thinking the same thing. If Cooper is going to be the recruiting coordinator, that would signal that MJ is gonzo. 

Actually I don't think you want Mickey as recruiting coordinator, in the same manner that you wouldn't want your top salesman to be the sales manager. You want the manager to identify and cull the prospect lists and help establish priorities, and  then send your number one closer out to finish the job. We certainly don't want Mickey buried in administrative paperwork Just for the sake of a title. I'd rather we pay him whatever it takes just to be the top dog recruiter regardless of title, and let someone else do the administrative end.....which I think Vince is already pretty decent at.

• Plus1 5