Evan Cooper Hired as Defensive Backs Coach

Red Five

13 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Some on the RSS board are saying Rhule is restructuring MJs contracts and giving him a pay bump somewhere in the $1.5 mil range 

If true that would probably be a good move on Rhule's part. Gives some consistency for the kids moving into next year, keeps the recruits we've gotten so far and satisfies the masses that think he should've been the head coach. 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Some on the RSS board are saying Rhule is restructuring MJs contracts and giving him a pay bump somewhere in the $1.5 mil range 

Early reports where Rhule offered 750 and Mickey wanted 1.   That's some great negotiating to get it to 1.5 if that happens.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I won't say how much Mickey asked for in his first request, but it was well more than $1M.

Now I'm curious.   I would assume it would also be north of 1.5 if reports are that's where it settled at, which would make him the highest paid non OC/DC coach in the country at 1.5.   If he gets that, OC/DC would be closer to 1.75-2M. Which would put them in the top 10 in assistant coach pay, and Nebraska would have 3 in the top 15. That's crazy money.

5 minutes ago, sho said:

Now I'm curious.   I would assume it would also be north of 1.5 if reports are that's where it settled at, which would make him the highest paid non OC/DC coach in the country at 1.5.   If he gets that, OC/DC would be closer to 1.75-2M. Which would put them in the top 10 in assistant coach pay, and Nebraska would have 3 in the top 15. That's crazy money.

Get it done

32 minutes ago, sho said:

For that type of money he better have the best receiver crew in the country. That's nuts! 

• Plus1 2