Terrance Knighton Hired as Defensive Line Coach

Mavric

I thought the name sounded familiar.  He was first-team All-MAC as a senior before being a third-round pick of the Jaguars in 2009.  Played four years for the Jaguars, two for the Broncos then one for the Redskins.  Was selected to several All-rookie teams and was a key player on the Broncos Super Bowl XLVIII team.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I hope this isnt bad, sounds like hes bailing out his buddies that followed him to carolina.

I'm never going to be surprised when a new head coach hires guys he is familiar working with to fill out his assistant coaching staff.  That head coach needs to ensure everyone is on the same page and is aligned with what the head coach is doing to establish a new identity for a football program.

EDIT:  I will also echo Mav's comment about time being of the essence.  Rhule can't wait around on guys who need a few days to make a decision.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm never going to be surprised when a new head coach hires guys he is familiar working with to fill out his assistant coaching staff.  That head coach needs to ensure everyone is on the same page and is aligned with what the head coach is doing to establish a new identity for a football program.

EDIT:  I will also echo Mav's comment about time being of the essence.  Rhule can't wait around on guys who need a few days to make a decision.

I thought there were better qualified guys at other schools.

• TBH 1

10 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I thought there were better qualified guys at other schools.

These are the first 3 names to come out.  Let's judge the entire staff, as a whole.

Another thing to consider, if Mickey is demanding a salary much higher than Rhule initially expected, then Rhule may have had to go to Plan B and hire Terrence Knighton at the DL coach and not Elijah Robinson (who would cost more).  Think of the assistant coaching staff as a portfolio of capital investments, needing to fit within the budget assigned to Rhule by Trev.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1