Terrance Knighton Hired as Defensive Line Coach

Mavric

57 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That sounds good. I don’t recall ever having runzas or krautburgers in school. In fact I’m not sure I ever had a Runza in my 23 years of living in Nebraska.

One of my faves was salisbury steak and mashed potatoes all with brown gravy. I’ll still buy a frozen dinner of that from time to time.

Swanson?  It was good!

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

DL going to be super important moving forward.  

And then LBs too.

(Teams identity as Blackshirts)

I know we goin to be good in the secondary, for sure.  Except Safety.  Need a safety than can come up and make tackles play after play.  Been missing that since the days of Bo.

I mean, what's the point of Safety anyways.... You are the Safety (of the defense) or You are not the Safety (of the defense).  Pretty obvious.

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Knighton’s remarks.  He is sharp, devoted, enthusiastic and excited.  The whole staff is apparently.  He maybe downplayed the X & Os a bit but that’s understandable at this point.  They haven’t practiced anything yet.  

They’ll need to see what they have first in the locker room. I think the players will buy in to what they’re selling. They’re all good sellers that seem genuine and honest and energetic. They believe in their system and players are buying in.  

Toughest part will be when the practice conditioning gets tough and the book

learning of football AND school come crushing down on these guys.  Attrition happens as not all will make it.  The change from high school to college is a lot bigger than some realize.  I know DONU athletics has systems and people to really help in the academics support.  I hope that they give this another boost as well.  Sink or swim in schoolwork may not be advisable. They all have to grow up and ‘man up’ but the end goal is to see that they learn the materials.  Everybody learns at their own pace and methods and styles.  Really don’t want to

lose sight education - it is still the mission priority.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...