New Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mavric

Not sure if Campbell will be the head guy or not but it seems likely.

He's been at Carolina for two years.  Four years at Baylor before that.  Has also been at Purdue, Cincinnati and Georgia.  

Was a fullback at Georgia from 2010-2013.

Doesn't look like he's ever been the head guy.

• Plus1 1

I got to thinking about something last night specifically to the O line.  There has been a lot of talk on here about how our problems have been largely due to strength and conditioning making our linemen less flexible and mobile.  

So, my question is, how much input does an O line coach have with what type of body he wants on his O line?  I would think this would be a bigger factor with linemen than almost anywhere else.  Sure, a coach can teach technique and needs to teach the scheme and them playing as a unit.  But, I could see a large part of the success is having O linemen built in the weight room the way the O line coach wants.

So, is that determined by the O line coach?  Or, does he just have to accept what the S&C program gives him?

I got to thinking about Bill Callahan with this.  I was thinking about how I would fully accept him with open arms as our O line coach.  But, if that were to happen, would he (or whomever is hired) have the freedom and responsibility to build the O linemen how THEY want them built?

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I got to thinking about something last night specifically to the O line.  There has been a lot of talk on here about how our problems have been largely due to strength and conditioning making our linemen less flexible and mobile.  

So, my question is, how much input does an O line coach have with what type of body he wants on his O line?  I would think this would be a bigger factor with linemen than almost anywhere else.  Sure, a coach can teach technique and needs to teach the scheme and them playing as a unit.  But, I could see a large part of the success is having O linemen built in the weight room the way the O line coach wants.

So, is that determined by the O line coach?  Or, does he just have to accept what the S&C program gives him?

I got to thinking about Bill Callahan with this.  I was thinking about how I would fully accept him with open arms as our O line coach.  But, if that were to happen, would he (or whomever is hired) have the freedom and responsibility to build the O linemen how THEY want them built?

It's a combination of the HC, position coach and the S&C staff getting together and coming up with what they want but Rhule has the overall say.