New Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mavric

4 hours ago, East Coast Husker said:

I’d like to hear what their S&C approach is...the videos do nothing for me.

Their approach hasn't given anybody Rhabdo so far so that's a positive.  But in seriousness I have read that this staff likes to focus more on explosive lifts vs. pure strength lifts ie. power cleans and such.  Also players like it thus far.

• Fire 1
On 1/23/2023 at 10:16 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Have to admit, I’m so over off season hype videos till they start playing better. Hope someone enjoys them.  

Same.  Years ago it was kinda neat I guess, but I'm over it.  Does nothing for me.  But it's great as long as others enjoy it.  

On 1/25/2023 at 12:05 PM, Farms said:

Their approach hasn't given anybody Rhabdo so far so that's a positive.  But in seriousness I have read that this staff likes to focus more on explosive lifts vs. pure strength lifts ie. power cleans and such.  Also players like it thus far.

More fast twitch development incorporated for speed and strength. 

There may be some new ways to do somethings but there is no substitutes for WORK (hard, strenuous, exhausting, physically demanding work).  

Players who don’t have what it takes (heart, desire, guts, determination, willpower etc) should leave now.  No more ‘partipation medals’ for showing up and being on the team.  This is no longer amateur games for fun.  This is real pro ball. The players wanted to be paid for their efforts. They got their wish.  Now, the free college education is replaced by a hard job that a lot competitors will try to take away.  In the end, some players will like pay for play. Others will not.  Some will benefit and some will not.  

I’m not sure that the NFL will appreciate the competition.  It’s possible some stay at the college level for their careers.  

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

There may be some new ways to do somethings but there is no substitutes for WORK (hard, strenuous, exhausting, physically demanding work).  

Players who don’t have what it takes (heart, desire, guts, determination, willpower etc) should leave now.  No more ‘partipation medals’ for showing up and being on the team.  This is no longer amateur games for fun.  This is real pro ball. The players wanted to be paid for their efforts. They got their wish.  Now, the free college education is replaced by a hard job that a lot competitors will try to take away.  In the end, some players will like pay for play. Others will not.  Some will benefit and some will not.  

I’m not sure that the NFL will appreciate the competition.  It’s possible some stay at the college level for their careers.  

Did you scare the kids off your lawn?

9 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It's a bit more complex. There's the exercises done. How they're done. Techniques. Flexibility training. Timing, schedules. Recovery time. Strength vs. Endurance. Developing routines unique to the position and individual player. Nutrition. I get your point. WORK is indeed necessary. The commitment. The willingness to do it over and over. To start and keep going. Doing it even when one doesn't want to. 

It's just that I've witnessed people not very efficient in their training doing counter productive things working very hard.  Sometimes too hard and then not taking care of themselves doing foolish things. There's a great many things to consider that maximize one's efforts. Oftentimes it's not the interest or lack of drive but ignorance, not being aware that there are other, more effective ways of accomplishing what one wants to achieve. The NFL appreciates discipline. It's one of the main things that they're looking for.  

• Plus1 2