New Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mavric

On 1/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, Born N Bled Red said:

Haha, Riley didn't push squats, Frost didn't clean or snare. I mean sometimes you gotta question the accuracy of these reports 

Philipp was big into doing squats, cleans and snatches.  He had 2 assistants that were competitive Olympic lifters.  He just had people above him that didn't like his way of doing things cause they didn't align with what had been done in the past.  

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Philipp was big into doing squats, cleans and snatches.  He had 2 assistants that were competitive Olympic lifters.  He just had people above him that didn't like his way of doing things cause they didn't align with what had been done in the past.  

So....I'm confused and really don't know anything about weight training for a sport like this.

Are they supposed to be doing squats, cleans and snatches?  Are they supposed to clean their snatch after they squat?

• Haha 5
42 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Great….I just hope he is good enough to get our linemen strong, limber and mobile. 

Im tired of hearing great things about our Strength and Conditioning team, only to get in the season and hear they did it all wrong. 

I don’t know anything about it, but I’m tired of hearing that it’s the problem. 

• Plus1 1
On 1/31/2023 at 9:43 AM, Stumpy1 said:

I want these men doing farmer carries while simultaneously doing sled pulls! Forward, backwards and laterally in each direction! 

Not sure the best place to put this, but I just talked to someone that works where Ochaun is working out preparing for the draft. He said he is making gains way faster compared to everyone else and the trainers are laughing about how bad our strength staff must have been. I'm sure that's common in a lot of industries to call out the previous work as shoddy but a lot of smoke that the previous staff was meh.

• Plus1 6
4 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Not sure the best place to put this, but I just talked to someone that works where Ochaun is working out preparing for the draft. He said he is making gains way faster compared to everyone else and the trainers are laughing about how bad our strength staff must have been. I'm sure that's common in a lot of industries to call out the previous work as shoddy but a lot of smoke that the previous staff was meh.

I don’t buy it as ochaun was only in our program for half a year. Our S and C program may have been terrible, but ochaun wouldn’t be the right litmus test at all. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Frost did.  Many times.