New Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mavric

Just great stuff  Rhule has hired some “A” guys and this one is one of them surely. He nails it imo.  Thoughtful. Knowledgeable.  Smart. Systematic.  Hope he gets the guys to listen and learn.  The weights and drills don’t do the work - each man does. But, it sure seems Coach C knows his stuff. He seems like a guy young athletes will follow. 

GBR - Husker Power!

• Oh Yeah! 1

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What's the difference between white and red then?  Are there three tiers to this?

I could be wrong, but I took it as the elite players will be identified and wear black jerseys from putting in the work...  both offense and defense.  The others suit up in red or white.  Maintaining it (black jersey), losing it, or someone else taking it (week to week) will bring out the competition to a new level.  New Era.  New concept for Blackshirts.  Elite.

• Plus1 1

Just FYI - I hid a few posts on here because they appeared to come from exclusive membership/paid content from a Husker sports content provider. 

Our rules currently prohibit copying & pasting that kind of info.

#6 – Do NOT Copy & Paste Original Content from Other Sites

At no times should content be copied and pasted on HuskerBoard without citing the source or linking directly to the content. Exclusive content provided by services such as Rivals and Scout should NEVER be copied and posted on HuskerBoard, even if you own a membership. Material on these sites that is NOT in the membership section can be posted only if you cite the source - or you may link directly to the content.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Interesting that there seem to be more colors of jerseys showing up.  At one point it was reported that the black jerseys indicated some sort of high performance.  But it kind of looks like it's more some sort of team competition.

Wait. Was that Garret McGuire in there? 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Interesting that there seem to be more colors of jerseys showing up.  At one point it was reported that the black jerseys indicated some sort of high performance.  But it kind of looks like it's more some sort of team competition.

If you have a guy coming off two straight years of torn ACLs (Fidone), maybe you tell him to sit out tug of war where there is opportunity for injury do to twisting and people falling into you and what not

• TBH 1

Ummmm isn't football a game where there is opportunity for injury due to twisting and people falling into you and what not?  You can only prevent injury by practicing scenarios where they might happen - I say go at it, it may very well help him be better conditioned to not get injured in the season.

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 4

46 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

If you have a guy coming off two straight years of torn ACLs (Fidone), maybe you tell him to sit out tug of war where there is opportunity for injury do to twisting and people falling into you and what not

He is good to go.  He could have played last year after the OU game but the coaches didn't let him.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
44 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Ummmm isn't football a game where there is opportunity for injury due to twisting and people falling into you and what not?  You can only prevent injury by practicing scenarios where they might happen - I say go at it, it may very well help him be better conditioned to not get injured in the season.

I've yet to see football players fight over a big red disc on the field during a game.  If anything that's more of a defensive drill. 

• Plus1 1