New Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mavric

18 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Wasn't he "good to go" the year before as well?  Then got hurt in spring?

He was good to go until he got a slight tear in the other knee.  It wasn’t even close to as bad as the first one but while he was out, they went back into the first knee and cleaned some stuff up.  He could have actually been back for the start of the year if they didn’t work on both knees.  He was cleared to play after the OU game. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

Interesting comment by Hausmann on leaving NU for Michigan.  I wonder if other current players are glad for the new S&C as well. 

Hausmann says that above all he was most impressed with the Wolverines’ secret weapon: strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert. 

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/01/why-ernest-hausmann-decided-to-become-a-wolverine/

Elite athletes want to be pushed to get better, get stronger, and get faster.  It's part of what makes them elite.  If Haussman wasn't getting that at NU under Duval and the prior staff, that is concerning.  I wouldn't be surprised if other former players felt that way, as well.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Elite athletes want to be pushed to get better, get stronger, and get faster.  It's part of what makes them elite.  If Haussman wasn't getting that at NU under Duval and the prior staff, that is concerning.  I wouldn't be surprised if other former players felt that way, as well.

On the other hand, someone like me will literally leave the gym if I have to wait for a bench to open up.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, teachercd said:

On the other hand, someone like me will literally leave the gym if I have to wait for a bench to open up.

There has to be other places you can sit to watch the girls on the treadmills 

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
56 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am optimistic that the guys on the team under Frost and Co will be amazed at the professionalism under Rhule. We "looked" worse under Duval.  Never saw the physicality, toughness and endurance I had anticipated initially.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or that's just something that players say when the approach is different.  Darrion Daniels said similar things when he transferred here from Oklahoma State.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In the real world, there are many worthless things HR does.  I’d rank “exit interviews” right near the top.

I remember thinking "huh" on this comment from Stephon Wynn last summer comparing Alabama to Nebraska S&C

"It's college football. Everybody works out hard. I came from Alabama. I'm pretty sure we worked out hard," Wynn said. "It's just a different type of stuff we did here that we didn't do there. Not saying it was harder, easier, nothing like that. Just different movements ... working on different parts of the body, different than I was used to being trained. But once I got used to it, it got normal"

It wasn't the normal "best shape of my life" or "we're working harder than ever".  It was like he was being charitable saying Nebraska was "different".

• Plus1 3
29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I remember thinking "huh" on this comment from Stephon Wynn last summer comparing Alabama to Nebraska S&C

"It's college football. Everybody works out hard. I came from Alabama. I'm pretty sure we worked out hard," Wynn said. "It's just a different type of stuff we did here that we didn't do there. Not saying it was harder, easier, nothing like that. Just different movements ... working on different parts of the body, different than I was used to being trained. But once I got used to it, it got normal"

It wasn't the normal "best shape of my life" or "we're working harder than ever".  It was like he was being charitable saying Nebraska was "different".

Rachel: Come on Ross! You said you wanted to talk about it, let’s talk about it!! How was she?

Ross: She was...

[Cut to Monica's bedroom]

Joey: Awful! Horrible!

Chandler: She was not good. Not good.

Joey: She was nothing compared to you.

[Cut to Living Room]

Ross: She, she was different.

[Cut to Monica's bedroom]

Joey: Ewwwww!

Chandler: Uh-oh.

[Cut to Living Room]

Rachel: Good different?