New Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mavric

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I remember thinking "huh" on this comment from Stephon Wynn last summer comparing Alabama to Nebraska S&C

"It's college football. Everybody works out hard. I came from Alabama. I'm pretty sure we worked out hard," Wynn said. "It's just a different type of stuff we did here that we didn't do there. Not saying it was harder, easier, nothing like that. Just different movements ... working on different parts of the body, different than I was used to being trained. But once I got used to it, it got normal"

It wasn't the normal "best shape of my life" or "we're working harder than ever".  It was like he was being charitable saying Nebraska was "different".

When Duval had them maxing out preacher curls and calf raises, some flags should've gone up.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Short Side Option's S&C Update

Lots of good observations in this writeup that I'm sure will be music to Husker fan's ears.

It’s no secret I adamantly hated what we were doing with S&C the last 5 years. Trying to defy physics hasn’t worked since the earth was created, and us going back to what was going on in the 90s as if there haven’t been a ton of things that have came out to improve processes and results while using mostly none of it really pissed me off.

From a 30,000 foot view, this staff basically does everything that the few coaches on Twitter I follow do. And they do a lot of the things that a couple of the programs I work with in-state do. It’s exciting. Let’s just get into a bit of what we are doing now compared to what we did before............................

• Plus1 4

On 4/7/2023 at 6:11 PM, Decked said:

Somebody send this to stumpy. Hell this may even be him. 

Unsure who he actually is.  Alleged former player with a lot of access to the program.  I like that S&C article.  Sounds a lot like to former Indiana staff that Saban hired away a few years ago.  

On 4/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, Dogs In A Pile said:

Short Side Option's S&C Update

Lots of good observations in this writeup that I'm sure will be music to Husker fan's ears.

You don't have everyone doing the very same things! It has to be tailored to the position and individual players. The one size fits all approach doesn't work. It has to be individualized. Like accuracy first, then speed, technique first then higher weights. Technique not only is about how it's done but the speed in which it's done and when.  And, flexibility has to be incorporated along with strength. The two work together. It'll be interesting to see how the changes translate to on field performances. Dynamic exercises help too. Maybe we won't have statues out there but players that can actually move and react more fluidly.   

• Oh Yeah! 1