Marcus Satterfield Hired as Offensive Coordinator

Red Five

Was the WR coach at Western Carolina in 2005 when Rhule was there.  Was OC at UT-Martin and Chattanooga from 2006-2012.  Then OC under Rhule at Temple from 2013-2015, coaching QBs then RBs.  Head coach at Tennessee Tech from 2016-2017.  Tight Ends coach at Baylor when Rhule was there (2018-2019).  Assistant OL coach at Carolina under Rhule for a year (2020).  Now has been OC and QB coach at South Carolina the past two years.

Pretty good resume.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

First to ask "What is his historical run-pass ratio???"!!!

Honestly, I don't need the answer.  It was a joke question.

Even though it was a joke ...

This year at South Carolina they had 389 rushing attempts and 372 passing attempts - 51.1% rushing.

But they were much more effective passing the ball.  They were #41 in the country in passing yards per game at 257.8.  #24 in passing yards per attempt at 8.3.

#103 in rushing yards per game at 123.25.  #89 in rushing yards per attempt at 3.8.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

His offense was able to put up big numbers in his last 2 games against Tennessee and Clemson.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Even though it was a joke ...

This year at South Carolina they had 389 rushing attempts and 372 passing attempts - 51.1% rushing.

But they were much more effective passing the ball.  They were #41 in the country in passing yards per game at 257.8.  #24 in passing yards per attempt at 8.3.

#103 in rushing yards per game at 123.25.  #89 in rushing yards per attempt at 3.8.

Thanks, Mav, I knew I could count on you.

10 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Did he pull in Spencer Rattler or was that Beamer? If it was Satterfield who lured him away when Riley left, he is probably worth it on that alone. Rattler took a lot of flack at OU and started slow at SC, but the end of the year showed that he was being rebuilt into who everyone thought he was.

I believe that it was Satterfield who got him to SC, but I could be wrong. Started off pretty rough, but beet Tennessee and Clemson the last two weeks, so that's not too shabby. Due to that, speculation is now that he'll go to the draft, but who knows?

I think this is a great hire for our OC, excited to see what he can do.