Marcus Satterfield Hired as Offensive Coordinator

Red Five

Tennessee fan here. South Carolina fans are elated he is gone. Offense and Rattler struggled mightily most of the year before showing life in the last 2 games. I've seen the rumor that Freddie Kitchens who is currently an analyst for the Gamecocks called plays against Tennessee and Clemson. Who knows? Hopefully Satterfield works out in Lincoln. I'm hoping the Huskers return to glory and start to give Michigan and Ohio State a run for their money.

• Plus1 4

I am unsure about this hire based upon what he has done at South Carolina the past 2 seasons.  Last season South Carolina was 106 in team offense (Nebraska was 71). This year SC did make a big leap up to 45 in total offense but the last 2 weeks played a big role in this jump in rankings. I think we are hedging on the fact that the output from South Carolinas last 2 games are indicative of what Satterfield will deliver at Nebraska.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2021-team-offense.html

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How much was their performance this year based on the O line?  From what I understand, Rhule is an O line guy.  Is this a situation where Satterfield was finally at a place where they didn't have a good O line to be able to run the ball like he wants to to make his system work?

Or Rattler.  I honestly have no idea how SC offense was this year, but I know he was inconsistent at Oklahoma.

One day he was ready for the Heisman and the next he's throwing 3 INTs

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Looking at SC scores this year, the offense seems to be boom or bust. They might score 60 points or they might score 7, which kind of worries me. I'm sick of boom or bust. I want methodical plodding, 4 yards a pop that eats clock and can't get off the field and destroys the will of the defense. That said the only stinker offensively I see is Mizzou, they kind of get a pass for the Georgia game, I suppose. I will say this, I love the fact that our future Offensive Coordinator at least at one point in his career coached the offensive line. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Looking at SC scores this year, the offense seems to be boom or bust. They might score 60 points or they might score 7, which kind of worries me. I'm sick of boom or bust. I want methodical plodding, 4 yards a pop that eats clock and can't get off the field and destroys the will of the defense. That said the only stinker offensively I see is Mizzou, they kind of get a pass for the Georgia game, I suppose. I will say this, I love the fact that our future Offensive Coordinator at least at one point in his career coached the offensive line. 

Maybe he's really pushing for Schumann from Georgia because of that game.  :dunno

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe he's really pushing for Schumann from Georgia because of that game.  :dunno

Would be a great get! Though damn, it makes me sad looking at his birthdate. We've gone from recruits not remembering the last time Nebraska was great to now, a potential D Coordinator that probably doesn't remember the last time Nebraska was great. He was 7 years old in '97.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Kernal Corn said:

I can tell you that many  Buckeye fans are not happy with the play calling vs Michigan. Not too many OSU fans are Ryan Day fans today. Oh the problems of one loss teams. 

Exactly.  OSU fans don't like Day's play calling.  Bama fans hate BOB.

Who besides Tennessee and USC actually like who is calling plays?

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1