Marcus Satterfield Hired as Offensive Coordinator

Red Five

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The guys on 1620 this morning (Gary Sharp was out, so there were guest hosts) were saying that they don't think Satterfield will be the sole OC and play-caller for NU.  They are thinking (guessing) that Jeff Nixon, who is currently at the Carolina Panthers, will be joining NU after the end of the NFL season, and will be the play-caller for the go-forward offense.  Again, it's speculation, but it would follow that Nixon is one of Rhule's guys.

So does that mean that Satterfield would be in charge of the go-backward offense? ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Think Chubba or Logan leave. Preferably Chubba. 

Logan’s got nothing to offer Rhule. He was Scott’s vision of heir apparent to Adrian after Adrian jumped to the NFL at the end of his junior year.  Problem is.  Adrian wasn’t as good as Scott thought and Logan isn’t anything close to as good as Adrian. 

On 11/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, Savage Husker said:

Be funny if Satterfield knew he had two weeks to show something and told Rattler he’d bring him with, hence the boost in offensive production from USC the last two weeks. 

Or they got some short fields against Clemson, which is what happened.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Rattler isn't coming here FYI. The source of that rumor is a troll 'reporter' and it wouldn't make any sense for him as he's already used the transfer portal once and would have to sit out a year.

TBH, Rattler just cares about getting to the NFL. He needs to show his worth at a major school, which SoCarolina is. He also shouldn't want a 3rd OC in 3 years. If he was just getting comfortable with Satt's Offense, I could see him transferring here. I want CT to play for us next year, but if he is leaving, I am all for taking a shot at Rattler. If this comfort level leads him to what many thought he would be, he could be really special.

1 hour ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

TBH, Rattler just cares about getting to the NFL. He needs to show his worth at a major school, which SoCarolina is. He also shouldn't want a 3rd OC in 3 years. If he was just getting comfortable with Satt's Offense, I could see him transferring here. I want CT to play for us next year, but if he is leaving, I am all for taking a shot at Rattler. If this comfort level leads him to what many thought he would be, he could be really special.

He won't leave, as he would have to sit out a year.

• Plus1 1

Really hoping that Rattler does not come here, just not a fan. Followed him closely in AZ from his high school days (check out QB1 on Netflix, he's on one of the seasons), saw him go from a Heisman candidate at OU to being benched for a freshman, etc. His attitude has always been very "me first"; he certainly has talent, but I'd much rather see another year of CT personally. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

I read in another thread that Satterfield has experience with tight ends and o-line.  Based off Rhules repeated comments about the trenches, having an OC that is also the O-line coach gives that thought a lot of credibility.  If Satterfield does coach the line, I can't think of any better way for the OC to know the struggles that we have on the line and building a game plan around the unique strengths and weaknesses of that position group.

• Fire 1
32 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I read in another thread that Satterfield has experience with tight ends and o-line.  Based off Rhules repeated comments about the trenches, having an OC that is also the O-line coach gives that thought a lot of credibility.  If Satterfield does coach the line, I can't think of any better way for the OC to know the struggles that we have on the line and building a game plan around the unique strengths and weaknesses of that position group.

If this is the direction they are going, I sure as hell hope he has an assistant O Line coach under him.  He would be doing all the game planning, play calling....along with coaching the largest group of players on the team.  That's way too much for one guy, in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If this is the direction they are going, I sure as hell hope he has an assistant O Line coach under him.  He would be doing all the game planning, play calling....along with coaching the largest group of players on the team.  That's way too much for one guy, in my opinion.

I hope he's OC and TE coach, with separate OL, RB, WR, and QB/ST coaches. The fact that TE's will usually go with OL or WR makes this much more doable for an OC to handle, plus he's then involved with more position groups. 

That also then leaves 5 coaches just for defense or help with ST: DL, LB, DB, Edge?, DC

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I hope he's OC and TE coach, with separate OL, RB, WR, and QB/ST coaches. The fact that TE's will usually go with OL or WR makes this much more doable for an OC to handle, plus he's then involved with more position groups. 

That also then leaves 5 coaches just for defense or help with ST: DL, LB, DB, Edge?, DC

That's a good point.  I amend my statement to say that I hope our OC has experience coaching the o-line for the same reasons mentioned above.