Marcus Satterfield Hired as Offensive Coordinator

Red Five

6 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I watched, I saw a decent OL move people.  Scheme is useless unless we win the LOS.  Who is the OL coach?  FIX THE DAMN LINE, SO WE CAN RUN THE DAMN BALL!

I have a feeling Raiola will be the lone holdover from Frost's staff.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you put together a dozen clips of my favorite offensive plays from Nebraska this year, I'd declare Whipple a genius.

He did have a Heisman and Biletnikoff winner just a season ago and led one of the nation's most prolific offenses. Everything here was a mess but Whipple can design a passing offense and we just had the most yards for a WR in school history and he was open enough to have 1500 yards 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
11 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

He did have a Heisman and Biletnikoff winner just a season ago and led one of the nation's most prolific offenses. Everything here was a mess but Whipple can design a passing offense and we just had the most yards for a WR in school history and he was open enough to have 1500 yards 

And for a few games there it looked like he had Nebraska's first 1,000 yard rusher in years, too.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, sho said:

I have a feeling Raiola will be the lone holdover from Frost's staff.

Mitch Sherman was on USC this afternoon, and said that Raiola was NOT at the open house on Sunday when NU hosted a number of local recruits at the football facilities.  There were a number of offensive linemen there.  If Raiola was going to be under serious consideration to be retained, he probably would have been at that event.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Mitch Sherman was on USC this afternoon, and said that Raiola was NOT at the open house on Sunday when NU hosted a number of local recruits at the football facilities.  There were a number of offensive linemen there.  If Raiola was going to be under serious consideration to be retained, he probably would have been at that event.

I'm not so sure about that.  The way I understand it, he's not currently with the program, but reapplying for the position.  So, in that case, it would make sense that he's not there.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Eh, those Jimmys and Joes looked a lot better under Busch than they did Chins. 

Somewhat, yes.  But my point is that the J&J are more important and we shouldn’t fret about what some Gamecock fans had to say about Our new OC.  We need some players.  I just used Chins as an example.  No D line studs, no JoJo, no CTB.  Same Chins.  Much, much different than 2021, when we thought he might be pretty decent.   

• Fire 1
15 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Somewhat, yes.  But my point is that the J&J are more important and we shouldn’t fret about what some Gamecock fans had to say about Our new OC.  We need some players.  I just used Chins as an example.  No D line studs, no JoJo, no CTB.  Same Chins.  Much, much different than 2021, when we thought he might be pretty decent.   

We need good players.  But, our defense proved this year the importance of good coaching. At the beginning of the year, nobody thought we had any talent.  Then, Busch took over and proved we had more talent than what they were showing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't know that he's not "under consideration."  But it seems like he's not the top choice right now.

He is apparently still holding that job.  And been doing some recruiting.  But he hasn't been traveling for recruiting.  And if he wasn't around this weekend either, that seems to say that we don't really think he's going to be the choice.  But it's still a possibility so we're keeping him around until we know for sure.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Oh, I agree with that.