Marcus Satterfield Hired as Offensive Coordinator

Red Five

17 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Anthony Grant's disappearance happening at the same time as Frost's departure is not a coincidence imo.

But Grant didn't really disappear. He continued to get the bulk of the carries and still had a couple 100+ yard games post-Frost.  The next rushers after Grant's 218  carries are Ajay Allen with 33 and Gabe Ervin with 20. It was a bad year for rushing the ball: 3.5 yards a carry as a team.  

I think on some level Frost considered Grant, Palmer and Thompson portal guys who were covering for the poor recruiting and development in Year 5. I think he even wondered aloud to the media why Rahmir Johnson wasn't getting more touches, as if Frost wasn't in direct communication with his own OC. 

I watched these and honestly felt like alot of the calls weren’t bad, but Rattler really failed to execute and missed a lot of reads and easy throws. SCs oline was ok at best and based on how what I’ve read they improved as the year progressed and really executed well the last few games, I foresee a lot of improvement from Colorado to Iowa

9 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I watched these and honestly felt like alot of the calls weren’t bad, but Rattler really failed to execute and missed a lot of reads and easy throws. SCs oline was ok at best and based on how what I’ve read they improved as the year progressed and really executed well the last few games, I foresee a lot of improvement from Colorado to Iowa

Rattler has amazing talent and is so schizophrenic    Some plays he looks like a Heisman winner, some plays he looks like he should be starting QB for Iowa.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But Grant didn't really disappear. He continued to get the bulk of the carries and still had a couple 100+ yard games post-Frost.  The next rushers after Grant's 218  carries are Ajay Allen with 33 and Gabe Ervin with 20. It was a bad year for rushing the ball: 3.5 yards a carry as a team.  

I think on some level Frost considered Grant, Palmer and Thompson portal guys who were covering for the poor recruiting and development in Year 5. I think he even wondered aloud to the media why Rahmir Johnson wasn't getting more touches, as if Frost wasn't in direct communication with his own OC. 

Agree.  Grant didn’t disappear.  His style become normalized as defenses got better.

He likes to stop and start.  The problem he has is he’s slow to accelerate out of his stop.  He started getting tackled after his stop instead of breaking it like he did against lesser D.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Watched all the vids. To me it looks like an Oline issue. Same as us. 

we need an Oline to block in the B1G, period. That has been and is out most glaring weakness the last 4-6yrs.  We need an Oline 

• TBH 2