Marcus Satterfield Hired as Offensive Coordinator

Red Five

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm slightly disappointed. I'm not a fan of using a fullback as WR/TE are more versatile IMO. As long as the O can score points, doesn't matter though.

I doubt the fullback will be used very much.  Satterfield is commenting on that to "play the hits" for the NU fan-base.  I highly doubt the fullback will be used more than 25% of the time (and most likely even less).

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I doubt the fullback will be used very much.  Satterfield is commenting on that to "play the hits" for the NU fan-base.  I highly doubt the fullback will be used more than 25% of the time (and most likely even less).

And even if the FB is featured, I'd bet it's more of an H-Back type of position. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Great point.  Satterfield can take hybrid TE/FB, line him up in the backfield a handful of times a game and say "Hey, I said I was going to use a fullback!"

Brewington would've been a good fit for sure. You can take a few walk-ons in case one of them turns into Andy Janovich, but yeah otherwise you just make sure you're athletic TEs get some reps as H-Backs. It's a good way to get mismatches in the passing game for guys like Fidone and Carnie too.

He also told reporters to go back and look at their first play of the season when he was at UT-Chattanooga against us - spoiler, it's a FB dive. We also started this game off with a FB dive.

• Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Brewington would've been a good fit for sure. You can take a few walk-ons in case one of them turns into Andy Janovich, but yeah otherwise you just make sure you're athletic TEs get some reps as H-Backs. It's a good way to get mismatches in the passing game for guys like Fidone and Carnie too.

He also told reporters to go back and look at their first play of the season when he was at UT-Chattanooga against us - spoiler, it's a FB dive. We also started this game off with a FB dive.

Note that we were ranked # 11 going into that game.  9 win seasons - even 10 wins - with a top 20 ranking seems so long ago. 

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

That was Tim Beck's first ever drive as an OC. I remember being beyond excited with the news/info of the offense he was going to run and then we went ahead and had the fastest and lamest 3 and out for an OC's first drive ever hahaha.

I did love his scheme though.

6 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

That was Tim Beck's first ever drive as an OC. I remember being beyond excited with the news/info of the offense he was going to run and then we went ahead and had the fastest and lamest 3 and out for an OC's first drive ever hahaha.

I did love his scheme though.

He was just setting up for this first play of the game against an actual opponent a couple games later. Should've been a TD.

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

And even if the FB is featured, I'd bet it's more of an H-Back type of position. 

This! It will be an H that either lines up in backfield or motions into backfield, or leads post snap. Not sure we will see a true FB get many snaps 

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

He was just setting up for this first play of the game against an actual opponent a couple games later. Should've been a TD.

It is crazy to think that if Bo did not rage, if SE was an actual AD and not a shadow, and if the fans (not all of them but a lot) could shut their crying holes...that Bo would still be here and coming up on what, 150 wins?

And the crazy thing is, those are easy things to control!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1