Marcus Satterfield Hired as Offensive Coordinator

Red Five

19 minutes ago, HANC said:

This! It will be an H that either lines up in backfield or motions into backfield, or leads post snap. Not sure we will see a true FB get many snaps 

Heck no...shoot you know how it goes.  You bring dudes in close and that D gets in close.

I used to run a lot of Power I...and when we had some dudes, we were sooooooo good.  

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Heck no...shoot you know how it goes.  You bring dudes in close and that D gets in close.

I used to run a lot of Power I...and when we had some dudes, we were sooooooo good.  

I love and live for power football… but I am pretty old school. Lol… I huddle, and my number one pet peeve is shotgun on 4th and short, or on goal line. I REFUSE to have to go 5 yds to pick up less than 1. See, way too old school.

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

I love and live for power football… but I am pretty old school. Lol… I huddle, and my number one pet peeve is shotgun on 4th and short, or on goal line. I REFUSE to have to go 5 yds to pick up less than 1. See, way too old school.

I coached with a dude like you and I LOVED him!  Power I..QB sneak on second down, on third down, bootlegs off playaction and...wait for it...the TE Pop Pass!

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
19 hours ago, teachercd said:

I coached with a dude like you and I LOVED him!  Power I..QB sneak on second down, on third down, bootlegs off playaction and...wait for it...the TE Pop Pass!

I've always wanted to see an old school coach at the P5 level that teaches power football, and every single time they have less than a yard to go anywhere on the field they just qb sneak it. Every time. Every game. Doesn't matter.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

On 1/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I doubt the fullback will be used very much.  Satterfield is commenting on that to "play the hits" for the NU fan-base.  I highly doubt the fullback will be used more than 25% of the time (and most likely even less).

I’m thinking they will find walk ons for the FB spot. 

OK....so, we are going to have a fullback again.  Many believe that's a hybrid type FB/TE type person that can line up in multiple places.

So.....who on the roster do you think will fit this position?  The vast majority of players for next year are known.  We will still bring in a few transfers/recruits. 

But....who do you think will play this position from the players we have now?

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....so, we are going to have a fullback again.  Many believe that's a hybrid type FB/TE type person that can line up in multiple places.

So.....who on the roster do you think will fit this position?  The vast majority of players for next year are known.  We will still bring in a few transfers/recruits. 

But....who do you think will play this position from the players we have now?

I expect it to be much more of the H-Back type position this year, and down the road we may see walk-on FBs who earn playing time or shorter TEs recruited specifically to move around more instead of being on the line of scrimmage. But for this yeah, if Hickman sticks around that could be a fit. I also expect Fidone to get some looks there, but mostly to set up things like this:

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I expect it to be much more of the H-Back type position this year, and down the road we may see walk-on FBs who earn playing time or shorter TEs recruited specifically to move around more instead of being on the line of scrimmage. But for this yeah, if Hickman sticks around that could be a fit. I also expect Fidone to get some looks there, but mostly to set up things like this:

That surprises me.

Hasn't Hickman struggled to put on size to be a TE?  I would think this position would require a bigger body type to block/carry the ball inside but yet have the athleticism to get outside in space and do things.

Something like a Brodie Tagaloa at 6'3" 260.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

That surprises me.

Hasn't Hickman struggled to put on size to be a TE?  I would think this position would require a bigger body type to block/carry the ball inside but yet have the athleticism to get outside in space and do things.

The coaches insisted his blocking technique and effort was good, but he was also ~200 lbs so taking on Big Ten defensive ends just isn't a good matchup. At FB you get more of the lighter LBs, and if you're blocking a DL at least you have a running start. I don't think 215 lbs will be the norm by any means but you don't need them to be 260 either. They're looking for guys like Kyler Reed (6'3, 230), we just don't have a lot like that right now.

24 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

The coaches insisted his blocking technique and effort was good, but he was also ~200 lbs so taking on Big Ten defensive ends just isn't a good matchup. At FB you get more of the lighter LBs, and if you're blocking a DL at least you have a running start. I don't think 215 lbs will be the norm by any means but you don't need them to be 260 either. They're looking for guys like Kyler Reed (6'3, 230), we just don't have a lot like that right now.

I understand that this isn't going to be what Husker fans are used to as far as fullback. But, I would think you still need that guy that can just bull someone over when needed. Hickman never has seemed like that kind of guy to me.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand that this isn't going to be what Husker fans are used to as far as fullback. But, I would think you still need that guy that can just bull someone over when needed. Hickman never has seemed like that kind of guy to me.

I don't see Hickman in that role either.

I would guess one of the walk-on RBs, but none of them are particularly big.  Among the TEs, I could see Boerkircher in that role.  Possibly Brodie Tagaloa or John Goodwin as well.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't see Hickman in that role either.

I would guess one of the walk-on RBs, but none of them are particularly big.  Among the TEs, I could see Boerkircher in that role.  Possibly Brodie Tagaloa or John Goodwin as well.

Yeah, I see someone more with a body like Yant.  But, he's no longer here and he really didn't have the mentality either.

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That surprises me.

Something like a Brodie Tagaloa at 6'3" 260.

I looked at him also, but he could end up on the o-line if he adds any more weight.