Rhule Positivity & is the Solich Curse Broken?

TGHusker

I wanted to start a thread on the positives of hiring Matt Rhule.  There will always be doubters and distractors. But at this moment it is time for Husker Nation to come together and bring positive energy into our program. We've had too much negativity over the past 8 years.  

So lets look at the numbers as to why this is a good hire - and I'm not talking about on the field numbers.  Some tongue in cheek here as I do a Di Vince code play wt the numbers that

came to my mind

The signs that the Solich Curse & the Bo Curse (firing 9 win coaches) are now broken :

5:     Runza -Frank - Rhule    all  have 5 letters.   It is meant to be.  Rhule was hired to end the Solich Curse

5      also stands for "freedom, Independence, individuality, adaptability, and "life lessons learned through experience".  Husker fans have learned from the school of hard knocks and the primary lesson:  Humility and Patience

7      stands for Completeness, wholeness   -  Iowa's win streak over the Huskers stopped at 7. That cycle has been completed.  The lessons have been learned (see # 5)

8      Victory, Prosperity & overcoming    The last game of the season providing a new start - after 8 years in the wilderness.  On the 8th year we beat Iowa in the last game.  Victory over Iowa was a preview of things to come

Also 8 year contract -  FIRST TO NAME IT - NC WINNER IN YEAR 8  OR BEFORE !!:restore2

9 -    The # of letters in "Matt Rhule".   9 stands for completion.  The finalization of a cycle.  Thus, the Solich/Bo Curse is completed. The cycle is over.   We can proclaim it as so - SO BE IT!

11    # of letters in "Trev Alberts"   &  # of letters in "Frank Solich" - 11 stands of awakening, enlightenment, contentment and good fortune -  This is where we are headed as a program. 

Ok seriously:    I like the Rhule hiring because it gives the us much needed positive experience at the HC position.  Let's face it: Frost was still a novice HC when he was hired and Riley's experience - while long term- wasn't very successful.  Rhule is a developer and a builder and that is what we need at Nebraska. 

By the way -  I looked up those number meanings on the internet - I'm not into new age numerology  :B)

So what do you find positive about the Rhule hiring??  

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 4

31 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Nebraska and Trev chased again the hot commodity over loyalty to one.. 

I think the curse goes on until the university apologizes to karma by choosing the one over the hot!!! 

That said, a good coach can and will succeed here and I do think Rhule will rule the curse :)

bdd.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

10 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

FIFY

True - 25 years of negativity needs to stop.  With an improved product on the field and wins, we will once again be not only the most intelligent and loyal college football fan base but the most positive.  It will feel good to be a winner again and drink plenty of :koolaid2:while munching on a few of these during the game :Runza2:

Bout time we let go of the past and embrace the present time of the 21st century, and the future.

New uniform combos each week and student section behind the visitors bench.  

We can't be our father's Husker team forever.  Or grandmother's.

6 years without a bowl game and bottom feeders of the Big Ten West should be enough to realize we need to reinvent our brand and image.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Micheal said:

I think the curse started in 2003 when Herbie Husker lost his overalls for the blue jeans and polo.

If we get the old style back, which sounds like might be happening, we might be set. That might break the curse. 

2003 you say?  That coincidentally is the year that I started at NU.....

• Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I am positive the Rhule era will be at least marginallly better than the Frost era

Maybe the Frost era was the death throes of the Solich Curse.

He never should have been hired to begin with.  When he went 7-7 he should have been fired right there.  And I like Frank :lol:  

Maybe it's not a Solich thing.  Maybe it's an AD curse after all!

2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Rhule loves smash mouth football. I want to see Nebraska play tough again! I think Rhule can bring back the kind of football Nebraska has played in the past. (Re: Suh, Wistrom, et al) 

That would be nice to see fear in the teams that play us again 

• Plus1 1