Matt Rhule Introductory Presser

Mavric

Just now, runningblind said:

I think it is high time we all go into a season without smoke being blown up our rears all offseason, and then we are actually blown away by the on field results.  

Eh ... that's what goes on at every program everywhere.  And most people like to be optimistic.  You can ignore it if you like.  We should probably all take it with some salt.  

But that's what's actually fun about being a fan: looking forward to what could be next year.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think it is high time we all go into a season without smoke being blown up our rears all offseason, and then we are actually blown away by the on field results.  

Woah, woah...hang on; I wasn't sitting down for this.

So what you're suggesting is to not get my hopes up pointlessly because of what the local beat writers said and just wait for the on-field results?

Is that what you're saying, 'blind?

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But that's what's actually fun about being a fan: looking forward to what could be next year.

You haven't hit rock bottom yet. Fascinating.

Edited by Undone
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... that's what goes on at every program everywhere.  And most people like to be optimistic.  You can ignore it if you like.  We should probably all take it with some salt.  

I know other places do it.  We always seem to be extra good at it and then underwhelm so much that the difference is quite stark, that was my meaning.  Hopefully that all changes and I can actually enjoy some optimism again without knowing deep down it is all for naught. 

1 minute ago, Undone said:

Woah, woah...hang on; I wasn't sitting down for this.

So what you're suggesting is to not get my hopes up pointlessly because of what the local beat writers said and just wait for the on-field results?

Is that what you're saying, 'blind?

That is just a suggestion, it is what I have been doing, but do with that what you will. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You can do whatever you want as a fan.  Why do you feel the need for everyone else to limit their fun because they can handle if they’re  disappointed better than others?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
17 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I know other places do it.  We always seem to be extra good at it and then underwhelm so much that the difference is quite stark, that was my meaning.  Hopefully that all changes and I can actually enjoy some optimism again without knowing deep down it is all for naught. 

You are more aware of it here because this is the team you (presumably) follow most closely.  

Even if we don't get the results we want, that doesn't make it all for naught.  As I said, part of the fun is looking forward to what could be.  If you don't want to do that, that's fine.  But most fans do.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Just watched the presser.  I was wrong.  This man is impressive.  He is a leader and has as good of chance as any to change our direction.

I've had the luxury of watching a ton of Baylor games when he was the head coach, and I was always very impressed.  Was pissed the NFL was calling him and he took a flyer.  We got ourselves a good one.  Knew he'd be a great hire and fit, but I didn't think it would happen.

• Thanks 2