Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

We will have plenty of pocket passing in the offense and down field passing will be a major part of it.  Look at the speed they have brought in at WR. 

But that isn't going to be the sole focus. They don't want a Tom Brady statue back there, that's my point. My example, Russell Wilson, was known for his deep passes and he was always outside the pocket. If I had to wager, we will see more of that than straight up drop back passing.

8 hours ago, runningblind said:

But that isn't going to be the sole focus. They don't want a Tom Brady statue back there, that's my point. My example, Russell Wilson, was known for his deep passes and he was always outside the pocket. If I had to wager, we will see more of that than straight up drop back passing.

Sure, we might see more of that. But, our QB still has to be good in the pocket. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

The ‘jump’ Neb has made is mostly done for 2023 at least.  We dumped our previous expensive coaches and hired even more expensive coaches. That was a $50 million dollar giant LEAP of faith in the future and bet the bank of our ability to win in the process. 

There has been a huge recognition by the University Admin that winning football is very important to the brand image and collective psyche of the State, the City of Lincoln, the school and the Husker Nation.   This has been done before but never to the utmost degree that it is now.  

This reflects a realization that winning isn’t easy nor automatic.  It will require the combined efforts and dedication of everyone to turn this around. Neb FB was on its literal deathbed before Rhule. Trev searched and deliberated exhaustively.  He chose a real grinder.  Trev and the powers of the inner circle rightly see that it’s all hands on deck to save the entire Ath Dept. from sinking.  The question is will the work continue or will the first hurdle be too hard?  Will the collective efforts continue until the job is truly accomplished?  Perseverance?  5-7 years worth?  We need a sign?  Initial recruiting will have to do. A big leap in win total IS unrealistic and should not even be seriously discussed. 

My feeling is this is the last great hope.  If Rhule fails, DONU fails.  There won’t be another chance. Husker Nation better unite 100% and help pull in the same direction.  And realize and never forget this is a long term project, essentially never ending.  Immediate gratification ain’t happening.  It’s gonna take time and while we can expect a turnaround - more competitive teams starting in 7 months, we are in for a long haul.  Like the first Huskers that settled and homesteaded Nebraska and those that traveled west to California on the Oregon trail, it will be a fearsome struggle for years to overcome the challenges. 

The hard work is just begun.  Those players have to do their part too!  Rhule is following Devaney’s model.  Be positive and patient.  

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

WTF???

I simply posted a tweet with a quote from Rhule that most of us agree with and I found it interesting.

Lol. Well it wasn't the full quote. I'm guessing that's why he broke it up like that. Just messing with you :P 

Somebody with the time and expertise maybe could figure the returning roster player ratings numbers.  And then the 2023 adds.  We have a few to leave at some point, unless they go NIL to get our 85 limit by fall. 

That might give a rough talent pool change with all the changes.  

And even more useful may be to break them out by position groups.  I don’t weight the ratings as valuable as most seem to but it would be interesting to see how our positions vary.  And if the gurus do this, by team, one could have something besides the general ‘eye test’ measurement to judge teams and schedules and coaches by.