Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

15 hours ago, Toe said:

Dropping divisions was expected, wasn't it? Making one division have to travel to the west coast but not the other would be totally unfair.

Almost assuredly going to a 3-6-6 schedule.  That's all the rage now.

Although as I've looked into it more, it's really not any different than a pod system.  If there were four four-team pods, you'd play three teams every year plus one complete other pod (4 games) and half of a third pod (2 games).  So it works out the same.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Almost assuredly going to a 3-6-6 schedule.  That's all the rage now.

Although as I've looked into it more, it's really not any different than a pod system.  If there were four four-team pods, you'd play three teams every year plus one complete other pod (4 games) and half of a third pod (2 games).  So it works out the same.

Question becomes,  do we get Iowa/Minny/Wisky types or is our 3 going to now be Iowa/UCLA/USC as we are the furthest West and a newer member relatively? I honestly wouldn't mind it, give us more California recruiting exposure and some new teams to play every year.

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Question becomes,  do we get Iowa/Minny/Wisky types or is our 3 going to now be Iowa/UCLA/USC as we are the furthest West and a newer member relatively? I honestly wouldn't mind it, give us more California recruiting exposure and some new teams to play every year.

It's probably not possible, but it would be awesome if we could have a CA trip and TX trip every year. Maybe they could find a way for TX every other year :dunno 

26 minutes ago, runningblind said:

My guess is that it will be Iowa, UCLA, then either Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Theoretically that could get us into LA 3 out of every 4 years.

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Here is my stab at it.  I did it from the standpoint of trying to preserve as many of the rivalry games as possible (shown in red), though some are obviously more historic than others.  I think Minnesota has enough history with Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin that I'd be shocked if those weren't their group.

I think we will almost assuredly get one of the California schools. Then Wisconsin and Iowa make the most sense after that.

o1BwPgJ.png

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Here is my stab at it.  I did it from the standpoint of trying to preserve as many of the rivalry games as possible (shown in red), though some are obviously more historic than others.  I think Minnesota has enough history with Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin that I'd be shocked if those weren't their group.

I think we will almost assuredly get one of the California schools. Then Wisconsin and Iowa make the most sense after that.

o1BwPgJ.png

Just curious; any reason to pairing UCLA with Nebraska/Purdue and USC with Penn St/NW? 

26 minutes ago, GSG said:

Just curious; any reason to pairing UCLA with Nebraska/Purdue and USC with Penn St/NW? 

Not Mav, but I think we'll be with one of the CA schools a) because we are the westernmost B1G school and b) Trev sees recruiting benefits.  I think UCLA over USC due to us having some history with UCLA (played them 9 times in the last 40 years).

I have no reasoning for UCLA/USC with any other B1G school.  But I do think you need to look at it a bit from a TV/eyeball perspective.  I do think USC will be with one of OSU/ Mich/Penn St just for the ratings.

Looking at history, USC has played OSU 25 times, Illinois 13 times, and Iowa/Michigan 10 times.  UCLA has played Illinois 12 times and Michigan/Wisconsin 11 times. 

I guess there is a connection of UCLA/Purdue through John Wooden.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Not Mav, but I think we'll be with one of the CA schools a) because we are the westernmost B1G school and b) Trev sees recruiting benefits.  I think UCLA over USC due to us having some history with UCLA (played them 9 times in the last 40 years).

I have no reasoning for UCLA/USC with any other B1G school.  But I do think you need to look at it a bit from a TV/eyeball perspective.  I do think USC will be with one of OSU/ Mich/Penn St just for the ratings.

Looking at history, USC has played OSU 25 times, Illinois 13 times, and Iowa/Michigan 10 times.  UCLA has played Illinois 12 times and Michigan/Wisconsin 11 times. 

I guess there is a connection of UCLA/Purdue through John Wooden.

I get pairing Nebraska with one of them, I should have specified why UCLA over USC or vice versa. Guy from The Athletic had a similar setup but he has NU/USC instead.