Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

41 minutes ago, Undone said:

Nah, I'm not debating your point there at all, you're completely right - the end result was "complete crap." No sprinkles on the crap there.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm honestly not even all that excited about Rhule yet at all. Compared to other hypothetical coach options, he was a good hire. Compared to some other hypothetical coach options, he maybe wasn't as good.

My point was precisely what you pointed out with Frost - he can be good in some areas but still wind up having a W/L result that sucks b****. And in order to not do that, he's got to do those two thing. He's got to reverse engineer Frost's crap product.

I think Rhule will gain your trust just by doing that.  He has already started the process.  The question isn't if he can lead us, its can he sustain it.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Nah, I'm not debating your point there at all, you're completely right - the end result was "complete crap." No sprinkles on the crap there.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm honestly not even all that excited about Rhule yet at all. Compared to other hypothetical coach options, he was a good hire. Compared to some other hypothetical coach options, he maybe wasn't as good.

My point was precisely what you pointed out with Frost - he can be good in some areas but still wind up having a W/L result that sucks b****. And in order to not do that, he's got to do those two thing. He's got to reverse engineer Frost's crap product.

Fair enough.  I am with you, I want to be excited but I am in full wait and see mode.  Rhule might be the guy who can get us back, but it may be more of the same. It does seem like he actually understands what it takes though, and Frost definitely did not.  Whether he can implement his plan and have it succeed is the question that remains.

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The question isn't if he can lead us, its can he sustain it.

That's not the question I really care about at all. The question I care about is, can he get our team to a bowl game as soon as next season?

If the team still looks like it hasn't actually been coached by a competent set of Power 5 coaches even after year one and we look like the same group of bumbling idiots we have looked like for the past six seasons, I don't care what his "leadership" looks like.

• Plus1 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some new players gonna show, and even more importantly, some dudes coming back gonna have a whole new level to get to. Can’t wait. 

20+ losses by 6 points or less last 5 yrs. Get half those corrected and we gonna be a contenda