Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

On 3/30/2023 at 3:49 PM, Undone said:

More Haarberg and Torres, please. Would love to see one of those guys shoot up the depth chart.

Weird to see Betts back out there (in a good way).

Teaching tackling technique was cool to see. Not at all saying Frost's guys didn't do that, but great to see.

QB's practicing taking snaps under center.

Arik Gilbert is a f****** unit. Can't imagine this guy not being a contributing factor to any success we may have on offense this season.

Nouredin Nouili sighted. Not saying that's surprising, just glad to see him participating after the suspension.

• Oh Yeah! 1

Figured this was the best thread to put this into.

With Thompson transferring out, I'd say the crowd that's said "we don't have an offensive identity" for the last several years should be really happy with what they'll see even as soon as this first season under Rhule. This is going to be a power offense centered around the run game. It's going to be a high percentage kind of offense.

I could see it looking quite a bit like Tim Beck's offense under Pelini except it'll feature big sets/two tight end stuff a fair bit on RB handoff plays that replace a portion of the zone read running plays.

I doubt we'll see many random deep shots downfield in the first half, etc., aside from well-timed play action stuff sprinkled in there.

Run the ball, throw a little bit, punt and play field position.  

Wondering why nobody mentions what the Huskers are going to do on

2nd and 9

3rd and 8

2nd and 15

3rd and 12

1st and 15

2nd and 8

3rd and 7

2nd and 12

2nd and 13

3rd and 6

3rd and 20

QB draw?!  

Hand off to fullback?!

Play action to TE ?!!! ZOMG

Bubble screen ?

Option football !

Power football !

Throw a duck pass or INT

I get this offense is being built for certain football plays, but when we are down by 10-13 points in the 1st quarter (no defense)...... that super power football playbook will get snuffed in the box.  And QB1 will get sacked no matter how much he scrambles to get back to the LOS.  Lets hope we can actually move the ball downfield with that super consistency passing game that people think will just fall from the sky and happen in 2023.  

6 hours ago, admo said:

How rude

I have concerns about the future of our offense, with questions for 2023, and if that's too harsh............

Most offenses would struggle in the situations you mentioned above. Even last year’s offense with Thompson struggled when they got in difficult situations. Last year’s offense with Thompson at QB was bad for a lot of the games. It wasn’t entirely his fault, but don’t act like he was a perfect QB last year. I don’t know what 2023 will bring, and the QB situation isn’t ideal. But, not many schools have great QB depth with the way guys transfer now. Alabama just took Notre Dame’s backup QB as a transfer after they went thru Spring , and he’s basically a Sims clone. That’s Alabama with QB issues. 

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, admo said:

Run the ball, throw a little bit, punt and play field position.  

Wondering why nobody mentions what the Huskers are going to do on

2nd and 9

3rd and 8

2nd and 15

3rd and 12

1st and 15

2nd and 8

3rd and 7

2nd and 12

2nd and 13

3rd and 6

3rd and 20

QB draw?!  

Hand off to fullback?!

Play action to TE ?!!! ZOMG

Bubble screen ?

Option football !

Power football !

Throw a duck pass or INT

I get this offense is being built for certain football plays, but when we are down by 10-13 points in the 1st quarter (no defense)...... that super power football playbook will get snuffed in the box.  And QB1 will get sacked no matter how much he scrambles to get back to the LOS.  Let’s hope we can actually move the ball downfield with that super consistency passing game that people think will just fall from the sky and happen in 2023.  

Trey Palmer is gone brother.  The 50-50 bombs he caught last year were the offense.

edit:  if I'm being fair they were probably 75-25.  The ball obviously has to get there, but they weren’t happening without Palmer.  I also think there’s a lot of QBs that could hit Palmer.  I wish CT stayed, but he didn’t.  Bye.

• TBH 2