EJ Barthel Hired as Running Backs Coach

thexyz

23 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Oh no he got taken out of the drill.  This can't be a good sign.  Maybe he isn't all in to the new coaches and is having a hard time buying in.  Im hoping he doesn't transfer out.

I understand what you’re saying but this is actually a really good sign in my opinion. It doesn’t matter if you’re at the top of the depth chart or the bottom, you have to bring it 100% in every drill is the standard. That’s how other players buy in, when they know that the #1 RB can’t take a rep off either. 

This kind of accountability will make Allen a better RB. Hopefully he sees that but if he doesn’t, then it wasn’t meant to be anyway.

• Plus1 3

14 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

So what happens when the coach says get out?

Hit the showers?

He sayin "I'm done with you RN"  Get yourself together!

It's up to the player to remove his personal feels and sorry attitude, and respond with "I'll do whatever you ask of me!  Let's gooo!!! I'm all in"

38 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I understand what you’re saying but this is actually a really good sign in my opinion. It doesn’t matter if you’re at the top of the depth chart or the bottom, you have to bring it 100% in every drill is the standard. That’s how other players buy in, when they know that the #1 RB can’t take a rep off either. 

This kind of accountability will make Allen a better RB. Hopefully he sees that but if he doesn’t, then it wasn’t meant to be anyway.

That's the problem Ajay Allen knew this culture of losing wasn't going to be tolerated coming into the season.  Its not a positive or good sign seeing him not give maximum effort during practice.  Could be nothing could be something hopefully he picks up his effort and we see him contribute.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, admo said:

Call him and ask.  He was sent to the corner during the rest of the drill while others participated.  

Well one doesn't know that if the coaches are going to even let players finish practicing if they aren't going to bring maximum effort to a certain drill or do what the coaches ask the players to do.  If your not going to bring maximum effort to practice why practice at all?  That's the most important part of making a team better is having the team bring maximum effort to every play.  If you can't bring it someone else will and will get rewarded for it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well one doesn't know that if the coaches are going to even let players finish practicing if they aren't going to bring maximum effort to a certain drill or do what the coaches ask the players to do.  If your not going to bring maximum effort to practice why practice at all?  That's the most important part of making a team better is having the team bring maximum effort to every play.  If you can't bring it someone else will and will get rewarded for it.

I wouldn't look to deep into it.  EJB was establishing that he is the coach, this is what he is teaching and wants from them.  He isn't afraid to tell one of our best backs to sit down.  That's all it is, nothing more imho.

Remember, the coaching staff's motto of getting better 1% every day.  He didn't see that happening and sat his a$$ down.  I would too.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

Absolutely loooove this by Coach EJB !!! 

Who wouldn't do what he wants you to do ?!!!  even if it takes you 100x to get it done right.  And sprint back if he say sprint back ! 

Gotta turn up the heat. No half baked efforts. There’s no kindness in a coach not demanding everyone’s best for the team.

6 hours ago, admo said:

I wouldn't look to deep into it.  EJB was establishing that he is the coach, this is what he is teaching and wants from them.  He isn't afraid to tell one of our best backs to sit down.  That's all it is, nothing more imho.

Remember, the coaching staff's motto of getting better 1% every day.  He didn't see that happening and sat his a$$ down.  I would too.

So you don't think that Ajay Allen got kicked out of practice bc of lack of effort but just the drill?  If your not going to bring effort then get out of practice and not just the drill.  Imho i hoped for that to happen(kids getting kicked out of practice)so it teaches kids here that its a honor and privilege to play here.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So you don't think that Ajay Allen got kicked out of practice bc of lack of effort just the drill?  If your not going to bring effort then get out of practice and not just the drill.  Imho i hoped for that to happen(kids getting kicked out of practice)so it teaches kids here that its a honor and privilege to play here.

Kicking them out of the practice removes the teaching opportunity. If he did it again then kick him out of practice.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1