Good interview with CT on the hiring of Rhule

lo country

@admo Had mentioned in the CT thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread.  Casey played with a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder injured against Georgia Southern.  I would assume this impacted him in the running game and his play in general.  Tough dude.  Hoping he will stay.  

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/sounds-like-me-matt-rhule-leaves-strong-early-impression-on-nebraska-qb-casey-thompson/article_11165e4e-044f-56e1-b109-2e70a6617021.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR1Tj1KDY7dQGvvj_4TcJljOyoqDCI6QBxCZ0pLzwa9W92RZpLNBNqgCQRU

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

21 hours ago, lo country said:

@admo Had mentioned in the CT thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread.  Casey played with a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder injured against Georgia Southern.  I would assume this impacted him in the running game and his play in general.  Tough dude.  Hoping he will stay.  

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/sounds-like-me-matt-rhule-leaves-strong-early-impression-on-nebraska-qb-casey-thompson/article_11165e4e-044f-56e1-b109-2e70a6617021.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR1Tj1KDY7dQGvvj_4TcJljOyoqDCI6QBxCZ0pLzwa9W92RZpLNBNqgCQRU

Wow, That is no small thing.  I've know people wt the same injury - a big ouch for sure.  Yet he still made some great passes and stood in there and took a beating (thanks OL).  

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, LennynSquiggy said:

I had a torn labrum in my right shoulder that has since been surgically repaired. (They also repaired a torn rotator cuff and "cleaned things up a bit". Whatever that last bit meant.)

I'm surprised he was able to play and throw because the more you use a torn up shoulder like that, the more it hurts. 

Now, think about that bomb he threw to Palmer against Iowa.  Makes it even more impressive.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

If our q/b isn't on the roster already, who among these new coaches, is a top recruiter. 

Haven't heard anyone saying so and so is a top recruiter. We knew Mickey was, but that ship has sailed...

GBR!!!

While an ace recruiter is important, having one assistant coach as a “top recruiter” is dangerous. What happens when that “top recruiter” leaves the program for one reason or another. It opens up your program to having recruits recommit and guys transfer away. I like having multiple “Ace” recruiters who can all bring great talent and then develop that talent for the program. 

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

While an ace recruiter is important, having one assistant coach as a “top recruiter” is dangerous. What happens when that “top recruiter” leaves the program for one reason or another. It opens up your program to having recruits recommit and guys transfer away. I like having multiple “Ace” recruiters who can all bring great talent and then develop that talent for the program. 

Having one good thing is not as good as having many good things. Would be weird to argue against that.

Wake me up from this dumpster fire coma when we have the problem of one good recruiter leaving and creating a problem.

Hell, wake me up when we’re capable of even winning six games in a season.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Which of our multiple ace recruiters has Omaha now?