Matt Rhule WILL lead the Huskers to at least one National Championship victory.

The Whale

I didn't know much about Rhule before this past weekend. Did loads of research. I had opined that Rhule would get fired within 3-4 years, and frankly, I was wrong.

Rhule is a great coach, but an even better man. Matt Rhule was the right choice and I believe he will someday be mentioned alongside the names of Devaney and Osborne.

Peace.

• Haha 7
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 minutes ago, The Whale said:

I didn't know much about Rhule before this past weekend. Did loads of research. I had opined that Rhule would get fired within 3-4 years, and frankly, I was wrong.

Rhule is a great coach, but an even better man. Matt Rhule was the right choice and I believe he will someday be mentioned alongside the names of Devaney and Osborne.

Peace.

But you promised we wouldn't have to read... I mean, wouldn't get to read any of your posts until he was let go.  I've come around as well :wasted. Be well, friend.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, The Whale said:

Peace.

I was starting to think you were Scott Shanle before this post :P

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, The Whale said:

Peace.

Hum, I thought you quit!

• Haha 1

I think if he coaches as well as gives an introductory presser he may be the GOAT !   Lol.  Time will tell but he is certainly a smart man!

I am wondering about these first few staff hires (??), but I am trying to remind myself that he is a smart guy with a well thought out plan. And this is his fourth go around in coming to rebuild and make anew a football program.   He has a modus operandi.   It has worked before.  

He said he wants young energetic coaches to plug into his system.  He seems to be following that.  Less experience but ‘hungry’ maybe?   He is not old either.  They can relate to the new generation but still must be amenable to old school things like HARD WORK and DEVELOPMENT.  4-5 star guys dont want to take the time / effort for all that stuff these days.  So bring on the players that want to work and learn and become better.  

That’s why you don’t just portal your way to championships.  Like most things in life worth having, you’ve got to earn them .  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

This swing of emotions makes me think of a 4 year old kid begin given pumpkin pie, looking at how weird it looks and saying he hates pumpkin pie, screams and rolls on the floor, crying that he wants something else (probably cherry) and that mom is the worst cook ever, then mom plops some cool whip on the pumpkin pie and the 4 year old takes a bite and the tears dry up, he looks around the room with a huge smile and tells everyone that pumpkin pie is the best, its his favorite pie ever and no one can ever cook better than mom

Long story short, its funny when adults act like 4 year olds.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, blinky said:

This swing of emotions makes me think of a 4 year old kid begin given pumpkin pie, looking at how weird it looks and saying he hates pumpkin pie, screams and rolls on the floor, crying that he wants something else (probably cherry) and that mom is the worst cook ever, then mom plops some cool whip on the pumpkin pie and the 4 year old takes a bite and the tears dry up, he looks around the room with a huge smile and tells everyone that pumpkin pie is the best, its his favorite pie ever and no one can ever cook better than mom

Long story short, its funny when adults act like 4 year olds.

You must have experienced this over Thanksgiving.  Pretty detailed story.       Yes, cool whip heals a lot of hurt feelings!! 

1 hour ago, The Whale said:

Peace.

You can't talk your way out of a restraining order. 

• Haha 2

Just so everything is clear in my head.

First, you said you wouldn't post here ever again if Nebraska didn't hire one of the 10 candidates you expected (of which Rhule wasn't a part of).

Then you said you wouldn't post here again until Rhule got fired.

And now you're starting your own thread for a thought that could've easily gone in the existing Matt Rhule thread.

I mean, I appreciate people admitting they're wrong, but that's a whole lot of manure to wade through.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1