Jake Peetz Won't be Nebraska's Quarterbacks Coach

HS_Coach_C

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am just asking for names of guys you think are “established names” who you think NU should consider. It’s a serious question, because I have no clue of one. 

When I say established I mean someone that could be at a college that doesn't have the name recognition to be looked at but as shown he could develop qb's into the league bc that's what kids want.  I have no clue who CR is considering but would hope he can get someone that has experience instead of someone new to the position that has to learn on the job that's all Im saying. Donovan Raiola wasn't a establish college coach when he got hired which I believe was a huge mistake. He had to learn how to recruit and still has to prove to o-line kids how he makes them better against someone who has more of a proven track record.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am just asking for names of guys you think are “established names” who you think NU should consider. It’s a serious question, because I have no clue of one. 

Someone mentioned Joe Ganz but you said it be better if he tried getting on at Tim Beck's staff but I want to know why you don't think he shouldn't be hired on here. I think he is definitely hungry enough to have success here.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Someone mentioned Joe Ganz but you said it be better if he tried getting on at Tim Beck's staff but I want to know why you don't think he shouldn't be hired on here. I think he is definitely hungry enough to have success here.

You mention you think NU should hire an established name who has had success developing QB’s and getting them to the NFL, and then you think Joe Ganz should be hired when he his only coaching experience is at the FCS level. You are all over the place.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 4
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You mention you think NU should hire an established name who has had success developing QB’s and getting them to the NFL, and then you think Joe Ganz should be hired when he his only coaching experience is at the FCS level. You are all over the place.

I just asked about Joe Ganz. I do think he would work his tale off but it would be harder for him to show prove that he could do it that's all. I think he has the advantage of being a former qb at the University that's it nothing more. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I just asked about Joe Ganz. I do think he would work his tale off but it would be harder for him to show prove that he could do it that's all. I think he has the advantage of being a former qb at the University that's it nothing more. 

Being a former player at NU hasn’t proven to be an indicator of success.  You are only considering him because you are familiar with him. 

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Being a former player at NU hasn’t proven to be an indicator of success.  You are only considering him because you are familiar with him. 

It has worked both ways for Nebraska.  I would say that the majority of it working out is better then failure. SF, GA have failed, while John Garrison, Marvin Sanders, and Mickey Joseph are just some of the names that have had success here.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It has worked both ways for Nebraska.  I would say that the majority of it working out is better then failure. SF, GA have failed, while John Garrison, Marvin Sanders, and Mickey Joseph are just some of the names that have had success here.

Marvin Sanders was a good position coach. Garrison and Joseph weren’t back at NU long enough to be considered successes IMO. I just think schools should hire quality coaches. Being an alum should be considered a bonus, not a qualification. 

• Plus1 2

It is kind of interesting to note that Rhule took 2 full months from when he was hired at Baylor to complete his on-field Assistant Coaching selections.  (middle of February) And the last one filled was his QB Coach. 

I also didn't realize that Matt Lubick was his WR Coach there.

Source: https://collegefootball.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/matt-rhules-first-baylor-staff-finalized-with-qbs-coach-hire-title-designations/

One other thing of interest in the article above, is that Rhule hired a lot of assistants straight out of the High School ranks. I wonder if he has given a look at any Nebraska high school coaches (and how the fan base would react to him doing that here). For example, Michael Huffman - Bellevue West Head Coach/Quarterbacks has built quite a program.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fomaha.com%2Fsports%2Fhigh-school%2Fshatel-bellevue-west-football-coach-michael-huffman-can-t-see-future-but-he-may-be%2Farticle_e96a1fed-06d9-5e71-b46a-3e2f41c1f9a7.html

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

It is kind of interesting to note that Rhule took 2 full months from when he was hired at Baylor to complete his on-field Assistant Coaching selections.  (middle of February) And the last one filled was his QB Coach. 

I also didn't realize that Matt Lubick was his WR Coach there.

Source: https://collegefootball.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/matt-rhules-first-baylor-staff-finalized-with-qbs-coach-hire-title-designations/

One other thing of interest in the article above, is that Rhule hired a lot of assistants straight out of the High School ranks. I wonder if he has given a look at any Nebraska high school coaches (and how the fan base would react to him doing that here). For example, Michael Huffman - Bellevue West Head Coach/Quarterbacks has built quite a program.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fomaha.com%2Fsports%2Fhigh-school%2Fshatel-bellevue-west-football-coach-michael-huffman-can-t-see-future-but-he-may-be%2Farticle_e96a1fed-06d9-5e71-b46a-3e2f41c1f9a7.html

Fun fact about Lubick with that - according to Wikipedia (obviously the most trustworthy source) he had accepted the WR's job at Ole Miss, resigned that a month later to take the Co-OC/WR's job at Baylor, then two months after that, resigned at Baylor to take the Co-OC/WR's job at Washington :lol: so never actually coached with Rhule at Baylor, and somehow I get the feeling that Rhule wouldn't have much interest in him now, lol

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1