Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So our head coaches this season were a drunk and wife beater?  Who runs HR for Nebraska athletics. I am hearing Joseph was guilty of similar charges in college.

Background checks won't prevent every incident or bad hire, and 1 incident 20 years ago shouldn't prevent people from getting hired, even if every so often the outcome is bad. Most people who do a bad thing when they're 20 and do no bad things the next 20 years end up being okay.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’m just going to put this out there and take my beating………..

I had a buddy that had a wife that was difficult.  She attacked him fairly frequently.  He started recording it.  He got tired of it one day and put his wife in an MMA like hold until she chilled.  He got arrested for the exact same description.

He was able to show them his phone and they eventually let him go.  He never got charged, but he always said he got lucky.

I have no idea what happened.  I think Mickey is toast now regardless, but I hate jumping to conclusions.

So much this.  I have a separate event that I know of personally where someone went through this nearly exact situation.  He had to restrain his ex with an armbar.  We wonder why This is a womens state when it comes to things like child support. (Whole other subject). I see a bunch of people passing judgement without knowing the full situation on both sides. Smh.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think men should report this kind of thing more often but I assume (as a woman) there is embarrassment involved in reporting a woman attacking you instead of handling it yourself. Personally I think if I hit a man with the intent to hurt them, they should be allowed to hit me back.

The problem with men reporting is that police don't generally believe us w/o convincing evidence. We are somehow at fault regardless of circumstances, or a sissy that lets himself get beat up by a woman.

I bought a nanny cam (bluetooth speaker with built in camera and mic) to record our interactions but she figured out it was a nanny cam and broke the damn thing. I watched her come up to the camera and violently shake it until it stopped recording.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I just saw something from 1990 involving him breaking and climbing through a 2nd floor window into his GFs place. Roommate said they had been fighting….TO said it was a misunderstanding, he was trying to retrieve a course syllabus. I don’t recall ever hearing that story before.

that’s it. Good ole Tom. Sound a bit like LP. 

When he was first made interim, I was in New Orleans and the owner of the bar that hosts the Nebraska fans said he played with him in high school. Asked me if I remember the peeping Tom thing. And it did trigger a faint memory, but I couldn’t find anything on google.  And then when the allegations against Vance I wondered if they were both a bit pervy  

3 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

This might be the first football post I ever suggested get moved into the Woodshed.  It's about to get uuuuuugly.

It won't if we can all act like adults. :)

I believe you can discuss things without arguing. What's the difference you ask? During an argument folks tend to get angry, yell, and say things they later regret, they might even get a thread locked or moved to the woodshed. A discussion happens when everyone involved has opportunities to voice opinions/facts and learn. 

• Plus1 1

One thing these days about startling allegations is that they seem to spell guilt with the public long before a trial of innocence before proven guilty. 

Yes, he was arrested.  We know very little else at this point. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3

There is no sense any comments around when it’s ok for a man to “assault” a woman.  That just should stop. Mickey has been placed on administrative leave, and it would make zero sense for Trev and Rhule to wait for the legal system to go through its process to retain Mickey as part of the new staff.  Cut ties with Mickey, and hope that he can save whatever relationship he has with his wife and kids. If Mickey does end up being guilty of the crime, NU would be able to recoup the final 2 years on his contract, as he would he terminated for cause. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1