Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

21 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

No they don’t.  You are absolutely pulling stuff out of that place.  

You need cause or you’re 100% setting yourself up for a lawsuit.

Yeah, and the cause doesn't have to be a good one - just an agreed upon one in the contract. 

Contracts include clauses like this all the time.

1 hour ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

So much this.  I have a separate event that I know of personally where someone went through this nearly exact situation.  He had to restrain his ex with an armbar.  We wonder why This is a womens state when it comes to things like child support. (Whole other subject). I see a bunch of people passing judgement without knowing the full situation on both sides. Smh.

so he’s accused of strangulation and now we’re throwing out ways that she’s the perpetrator?  Yikes 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

I think some people need to back the truck up on a couple issue.

1- Depending on the language in his contract, he absolutely could be terminated for cause without guilt being determined. There are clauses for public perception, bad PR etc. that could be triggered simply by an arrest. To say that absolutely isn’t possible is wrong….unless you know exactly what is in his contract.

2- It’s pretty ridiculous imo to be trying to blame the University or Trev or whoever for hiring him after an alleged incident that occurred 32 years ago while he was a student. That incident is not something that should have reasonably precluded him from being hired or employed as the interim HC. Get a friggin grip.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

1- Depending on the language in his contract, he absolutely could be terminated for cause without guilt being determined. There are clauses for public perception, bad PR etc. that could be triggered simply by an arrest. To say that absolutely isn’t possible is wrong….unless you know exactly what is in his contract.

Exactly. Not to mention the fact that Nebraska is an employment at will state. I don't know the intricacies of Nebraska state employment law, but generally speaking, "at will" means you can be fired really at any time for any reason so long as no other law is being violated (i.e. retaliation, discrimination). I don't know if that gets complicated by contractual employment, though. It very well might.

But, if I had to bet, I have very little doubt that the university would be worried about firing someone for being arrested for domestic assault. Call it a hunch. Maybe I'm wrong. I recently misplaced my copy of MJ's contract. :dumdum

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

2- It’s pretty ridiculous imo to be trying to blame the University or Trev or whoever for hiring him after an alleged incident that occurred 32 years ago while he was a student. That incident is not something that should have reasonably precluded him from being hired or employed as the interim HC. Get a friggin grip.

I stand corrected on the first one.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

On number 2. Abso-f#&%ing-lutely. When did we get to the point in society where a stupid decision in your youth precludes you from redemption or ever getting another chance to make a life and career for yourself. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2