Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

49 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

This is a bad take to look at it, but im sorry if this is part our fault as fans.  Putting so much pressure on people and some people may not be able to and then they snap.  It happens all the time, this job this team is alot of pressure and now this happened.  Maybe he had hoped that he could really get that job and he didnt and he took it hard, thats how life is but i guess.  I dont know, im just completely blown away.  My wife thought i was yelling that someone died.  This is just unbelievable 

The choice is theirs not to do it.  They get paid a $hit ton of money and I don't feel bad for their "pressure". I have a stressful job and get paid peanuts and I have a hell of a lot more liability than coaches 

It's a terrible thing all around.  We don't know the truth but hope everyone is ok

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder if some posts have been deleted. I don’t get the posts about the thread being “wild” or belonging in the woodshed. Seems pretty mild to me.

Yes, some hidden. Some moved.

A few people are taking this opportunity to share some thoughts that are probably best left unsaid.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

It's not a test at all. Makes the decision super easy. He maybe doesn't even need to say anything at all except "I hired a WR coach and his name is <insert name not Mickey Joseph's>."

I would imagine that he'll probably address the team over this. I mean at the very least Trev probably will, but I imagine Rhule will as well. Remember Ron Brown's speech/prayer at the Penn State game after Paterno was fired? IDK if you watched Rhule's intro presser or not, but the dude talks like a preacher (his dad is a minister, and it clearly rubbed off on him).

• Plus1 2
Just now, Toe said:

I would imagine that he'll probably address the team over this. I mean at the very least Trev probably will, but I imagine Rhule will as well. Remember Ron Brown's speech/prayer at the Penn State game after Paterno was fired? IDK if you watched Rhule's intro presser or not, but the dude talks like a preacher (his dad is a minister, and it clearly rubbed off on him).

I've been wondering why the marketing team didn't introduce him at the presser with the song "Son of a preacher Man" ??

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

I would hope the message is as simple as let’s all pray for Coach Joseph and his family through these circumstances. Regardless of what happened Mickey has had an enormous impact on many young men in his career and that should not be disregarded. We are all flawed

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
27 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

there's obviously no excuse for what he did, but I can't imagine how bad it must suck to watch the University give 40 million to frost to go away then give you a modest $200k bonus to do the same job. then afterwards watch the University give rhule 80 million

There's no excuse, but let me type one up anyway.

If money makes you act like this, especially when you are making a very good living,being around and influencing young men shouldnt be a job you have

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think some people need to back the truck up on a couple issue.

1- Depending on the language in his contract, he absolutely could be terminated for cause without guilt being determined. There are clauses for public perception, bad PR etc. that could be triggered simply by an arrest. To say that absolutely isn’t possible is wrong….unless you know exactly what is in his contract.

2- It’s pretty ridiculous imo to be trying to blame the University or Trev or whoever for hiring him after an alleged incident that occurred 32 years ago while he was a student. That incident is not something that should have reasonably precluded him from being hired or employed as the interim HC. Get a friggin grip.

But I bet it’s not an isolated incident. I wonder what else has been washed away through his many, many career stops?  We will probably be hearing about them soon. 

Don’t you watch movies? Covering things up in the name sports and winning  is the most human thing ever 

• Haha 1