Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why are you bringing up wrestling? There are lots of instances where punching someone is illegal, but boxing is still a legal sport.

As a wrestler, it's just where my mind went when reading the statute. A headlock (which is a wrestling move) is not uncommon position to be in if there was an altercation or scrap. 

I also do not automatically assume the victim was his wife, as some here have already decided upon. Could very well have been another male in his household.

Final thing to remember, the damn media is in it for the clicks. They will post the most salacious language possible, rather than let the truth come out every time. It is better for business.

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

As a wrestler, it's just where my mind went when reading the statute. A headlock (which is a wrestling move) is not uncommon position to be in if there was an altercation or scrap. 

I also do not automatically assume the victim was his wife, as some here have already decided upon. Could very well have been another male in his household.

Final thing to remember, the damn media is in it for the clicks. They will post the most salacious language possible, rather than let the truth come out every time. It is better for business.

Doesn’t the language in the statute defining domestic violence suggest it would have to be someone he cohabitates with or has an intimate relationship with to qualify as domestic violence. That would seem to negate the he found her with another dude and attacked the guy angle. That would probably just be assault and battery I would think.

9 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Doesn’t the language in the statute defining domestic violence suggest it would have to be someone he cohabitates with or has an intimate relationship with to qualify as domestic violence. That would seem to negate the he found her with another dude and attacked the guy angle. That would probably just be assault and battery I would think.

She could have been injurred in the tussle between him and another (maybe), or.... there could have been a third wheel/ poly situation... or an extramarital affair on his part that could be involved. 

I'll admit his wife is most likely the victim, but I'll wait for the facts before assigning him the title wife beater. 

He also wouldn't be the first man charged with Domestic Voilence wherein the man was merely trying to restrain the female aggressor 

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

so he’s accused of strangulation and now we’re throwing out ways that she’s the perpetrator?  Yikes 

You don’t know the full details  of this situation and neither do I.  So get off your high horse.  There are two sides to this situation.  He’s innocent until proven guilty.  Oh wait I forgot this is the new America.  Smh

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

She could have been injurred in the tussle between him and another (maybe), or.... there could have been a third wheel/ poly situation... or an extramarital affair on his part that could be involved. 

I'll admit his wife is most likely the victim, but I'll wait for the facts before assigning him the title wife beater. 

Oh I totally agree. I’m fully on the side of let’s actually hear what happened. I was mainly referring to another post suggesting the scenario I mentioned. I really hate the rush to judgement and condemnation without facts our society currently seems so fond of. I was just pointing out that the actual charges mean it’s someone he either lived with or slept with 

25 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Pretty much all I’ve seen being reported on so far is the police report itself. And while everyone is innocent until proven guilty…doesn’t look too great.

:dunno

• Plus1 1