Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

An arrest based upon an accusation is not cause.  An arrest that has info like a blood alcohol level or something like leaked audio or video may be cause.

Comparing your ‘contractural employee’ experience to a six figure public university employee isn’t even apples to oranges.  It’s like apples to potatoes.  I’ve done plenty of work with employees under contract.  They are all different.  In nearly all my experiences with “contract employees” I can walk them at any point.  It’s doesn’t matter because it’s irrelevant to this discussion.

Nebraska is a right to work state.  In general, the employer (non contract) can do whatever they want.  The problem in non contract lawsuits in inconsistencies in how firings/discipline are handled.  I have been in those discussions as the result of a lawsuit multiple times.

Mickey may very well be guilty.  But no one is firing him as a result of the information that we currently have.  Lawyers would beat his door down.

But isn’t he a contract employee?  You said yourself you can walk him at any point. 

I just hate how everything is up for immediate public opinion, I am guilty as charged for being a breeze of wind in those sails...it just sucks at the end of the day. Decisions are made on "what if" instead of "what happened". Not talking about the MJ situation in general, it's just another example of how we as people form a quick opinion without zero context/facts and the internet does the rest. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

As a previous LE officer in NE. The statute of strangulation doesn’t mean the victim has to be choked out cold. Hands around the neck are not enough to be charged. The action has to prevent oxygen flow to the victim. Marks around the neck are one of many things that could be used as probable cause for an arrest, but red marks by themselves are not enough. Officers are also supposed to look for red marks and bruising around the victim’s neck in the shape of fingers/hands. Witnesses can’t just say his hands were around the victim’s neck, but a witness would have to say the victim’s face was turning purple or the witness must be confident the victim couldn’t breath (example: when the suspect let’s go of the victim’s neck, the victim could be heard gasping for air). One of the biggest signs of strangulation and lack of oxygen is looking at a victim’s eyes. Specifically, any petechiae (red dots) in the white of the eyes is evidence of a sever lack of oxygen. Also important to note that the victim does not have a say so in the state of nebraska on whether or not they want to charge their loved one (suspect) with domestic violence. Police don’t ask the victim if they want to press charges and it is not the victim’s decision. Domestic violence is one of the ONLY statues in the state of NE in which even the officer has absolutely no discretion whether or not an arrest is made. The statue says if there is probable cause the officer “shall” make the arrest and if they don’t make the arrest the officer can be charged with a crime.

This is nonsense. Obviously, someone who has never been in the "system". #PrivilegedPeople 

• Fire 1

Honestly, what this incident tells me is that Matt Rhule should just get rid off anything that Scott Frost touched or did over the past five years. Just get rid of everyone he hired including the water boy or girl and just bring your own coaches and staff. It seems like anything Frost had a hand in is jinxed and must go so we can start fresh. A clean slate free of any of Frost’s holdups.

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

As a wrestler, it's just where my mind went when reading the statute. A headlock (which is a wrestling move) is not uncommon position to be in if there was an altercation or scrap. 

I also do not automatically assume the victim was his wife, as some here have already decided upon. Could very well have been another male in his household.

Final thing to remember, the damn media is in it for the clicks. They will post the most salacious language possible, rather than let the truth come out every time. It is better for business.

you should probably just stop commenting on something you are so absolutely clueless about. 

No it isn’t a male in the house, smdh 

Domestic assault; penalties.

(1) A person commits the offense of domestic assault in the third degree if he or she:

(a) Intentionally and knowingly causes bodily injury to his or her intimate partner;

For purposes of this section, intimate partner means a spouse; a former spouse; persons who have a child in common whether or not they have been married or lived together at any time; and persons who are or were involved in a dating relationship. For purposes of this subsection, dating relationship means frequent, intimate associations primarily characterized by the expectation of affectional or sexual involvement, but does not include a casual relationship or an ordinary association between persons in a business or social context.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Maybe he choked his Mother-in-law 

28-323.

(1) A person commits the offense of domestic assault in the third degree if he or she:

(a) Intentionally and knowingly causes bodily injury to his or her intimate partner;

For purposes of this section, intimate partner means a spouse; a former spouse; persons who have a child in common whether or not they have been married or lived together at any time; and persons who are or were involved in a dating relationship. For purposes of this subsection, dating relationship means frequent, intimate associations primarily characterized by the expectation of affectional or sexual involvement, but does not include a casual relationship or an ordinary association between persons in a business or social context.

10 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

This is nonsense. Obviously, someone who has never been in the "system". #PrivilegedPeople 

Excuse me, I wouldn't characterize dealing with violent offenders, molesters, murderers and a whole range of other dangerous personalities on a continual basis, sometimes delivering death notifications and occasionally having one's own life threatened as an occupation in the service of the public's interests particularly "privileged". 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So I looked this up because I wondered the same and I think it means having an intimate relationship with.  So obviously doesn’t have to be his wife 

28-323.

For purposes of this section, intimate partner means a spouse; a former spouse; persons who have a child in common whether or not they have been married or lived together at any time; and persons who are or were involved in a dating relationship. For purposes of this subsection, dating relationship means frequent, intimate associations primarily characterized by the expectation of affectional or sexual involvement, but does not include a casual relationship or an ordinary association between persons in a business or social context.