Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

Just now, PHXHusker said:

I could be wrong, but if it was Steve Taylor it wouldn’t be considered domestic assault, it would’ve just been called assault. Armchair attorney here

The way I've been told (different person) was that MJ came in and caught them fornicating.   He got enraged, aggressively pulled her away from him (domestic violence) and then went after him and started choking him.  She called the police and he left the home.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Ummmmm buddy - murder and manslaughter are both inexcusible.  Maybe the later is "understandable" per my previous post, but if they were excusable there would be no law against either one and no need to pull up the legal books to try and defend your position.

those pesky facts getting in the way again...  LOL

My hot take?

We won't be talking about this in a couple months (possibly weeks) and it means very little to the Nebraska Cornhuskers moving forward. 

Just a gut punch that will fade quickly, as the question of whether Mickey Joseph will be retained has a clear resolution. 

Hey, remember when some folks were insisting that character doesn't matter if a coach knows how to win?

Character matters. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My hot take?

We won't be talking about this in a couple months (possibly weeks) and it means very little to the Nebraska Cornhuskers moving forward. 

Just a gut punch that will fade quickly, as the question of whether Mickey Joseph will be retained has a clear resolution. 

Hey, remember when some folks were insisting that character doesn't matter if a coach knows how to win?

Character matters. 

Agreed. I think it's more impactful for the players than anything. It's never easy when a coach/mentor figure in your law has a run-in with the law

20 minutes ago, HANC said:

Scandal???  Dumpster fire yes, but not scandal.  There is NO cover up here. 1 man, not even on staff made a horrible mistake.  Recruiting will always take an initial hit with a coaching change.  Why are we acting like we are shocked or that it is the end of the World

He is/was on staff

on leave now 

7 minutes ago, sho said:

The way I've been told (different person) was that MJ came in and caught them fornicating.   He got enraged, aggressively pulled her away from him (domestic violence) and then went after him and started choking him.  She called the police and he left the home.

That would make more sense. Couldn’t piece that part together