Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

lmao.

First time on the Internet?

I am 32 years old. I know what a thirst trap is. But I am trying to explain with some class and in a way that all walks of life and ages can understand. If my wife was posting her a$$ for everyone to see when I was gone working, yeah I'm having speaks with her and telling her to stop. 

This isn't to victim blame. I am just explaining what I was told because this happened around the same time the incident took place. Mickey screwed up big time. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Mickey screwed up big time. 

He turned his back on his responsibilities as a representative of Nebraska, the university and the state.  Something is understandable about it, about that passion of anger when being betrayed by a loved one.  But there are millions of people who go through those things and do not lift a finger of harm at their betrayer.  They sadden and madden and seethe and whatever, but they do not attempt to harm or kill that person,  They get help for themselves and they take steps in the right direction. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There are a couple things going on here.

If you were entertaining the image of Mickey Joseph strangling his wife, would it change the narrative if you found out he was actually fighting with a man he caught with his wife?  Yes. Absolutely. Is one scenario more excusable than the other? Yes. Absolutely. It just is. 

But does it excuse Mickey for behavior we are all legally required to control? No.  Should the consequences be severe regardless of who was in the room?  Yes. Has the court of public opinion already cost Joseph millions, regardless of the legal findings still to come? Yes. What are the chances these revelations will be murky and nuanced and creepy? 100%

Is everyone in here wrong and right at the same time? Maybe!

Well done sir

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I have no idea how I would react and hope I am never placed in that situation.  I have seen some really good people do some really bad things when placed under extreme stress.  Those of you judging should pump the brakes a bit imo.  If everything being reported is true, what he did isn't right but if you have never lived through a similar situation, the reality is you have no idea how you would react.  

giphy.gif

57 minutes ago, Hagg said:

He turned his back on his responsibilities as a representative of Nebraska, the university and the state.  Something is understandable about it, about that passion of anger when being betrayed by a loved one.  But there are millions of people who go through those things and do not lift a finger of harm at their betrayer.  They sadden and madden and seethe and whatever, but they do not attempt to harm or kill that person,  They get help for themselves and they take steps in the right direction. 

His duties to his family come first before the university.  That said, he sure as hell didn't conduct himself according to the Joseph family name.

• TBH 1
11 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I have. Clear as day, link was sent to me and it was up hours after the incident took place.

Well....not sure what to expect from someone that grew up in the age of putting everything out on social media.

I have had my own unfortunate experiences with social media.  When my two eldest girls were a bit younger than they are now, my eldest got the wild idea to start putting reviews to places that she had in her map.  She went on Google and gave a negative review of her Mom's place of employment, and she almost got her fired.

This is where the experienced Software Engineer comes into play :)

I deleted the review and saved a job (and a life) all in the same day.

From that point on, my eldest swore off social media.  She has no social media accounts at all.