Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The worst thing that Matt Turman did was eat Joe Ganz. Seriously, Matt Turman looks like he ate Joe Ganz. 

I'm not saying he let himself go, but seriously, he let himself go.

Actually, he's no different from 80% of other coaches/parents out there. It's just that he was sooooo small as a player back in the day.

znow609ypmlbsyfik9xe.jpeg

If I were Matt Rhule, I would clean house and start fresh. No Frost hold ups. If I learned anything this past five years is that Frost was the absolute worst thing that ever happened to husker nation. To me, he just robbed the state blind and he left nothing positive. Rhule owes nobody anything. He has the right to bring his own crew. This way, if he fails, he can only blame himself and not on anyone left from the Frost era. I am tired of new coaches making excuses that the cubbies were left empty by their predecessors. I, personally, would not hire Mickey after these allegations. This team needs to hit the recruiting trail and get some much needed talent, especially on the OL side of things. No need for negative stigmas. Mickey had his chance and he made a mistake at the most inappropriate time. He can only blame himself. This team needs to move forward under the new coach and there is no space for personal feelings. The fans deserve to see this team succeed and make a damn bowl game after six years of negativity.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

Frankly there was never much comparison between Mickey and a significant portion of the head coaching options discussed on this board. He had zero FBS head coaching experience. His one realistic opportunity to try and earn the job would've come in the form of wins.

I think a lot of beleaguered fans convinced themselves Mickey was a good option primarily because he was Trev's antithesis to Frost. Him being a former player also didn't hurt. Realistically, he was always underqualified fighting an uphill battle.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 2
8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Frankly there was never much comparison between Mickey and a significant portion of the head coaching options discussed on this board. He had zero FBS head coaching experience. His one realistic opportunity to try and earn the job would've come in the form of wins.

I think a lot of beleaguered fans convinced themselves Mickey was a good option primarily because he was Trev's antithesis to Frost. Him being a former player also didn't hurt. Realistically, he was always underqualified fighting an uphill battle.

I agree and that is my take as well.

Our fan base is so hungry for anything good that they latched on to the feel good story of Mickey.  The reality was, short of a miracle, he was never going to be the guy.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
31 minutes ago, Enhance said:

This is what a majority of the pro-Mickey crowd didn't want to admit.  They basically took their fondness for Frost and transferred it right to Mickey.  Mickey also was smart by being nearly the exact opposite of Frost (at the end of Frost's tenure).  Mickey was outgoing, showed he "wanted" the job, preached accountability, strong recruiting skills, was good with the media, etc.  Nebraska fans (college fans may be this way all over) are also way too loyal to "one of their own" and I think many of them are usually in their own bubble, and that makes it hard to think of coaching candidates from outside Nebraska will be successful.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I agree and that is my take as well.

Our fan base is so hungry for anything good that they latched on to the feel good story of Mickey.  The reality was, short of a miracle, he was never going to be the guy.

True, because outside of running the table, Trev was never going to bet HIS future/legacy on an inexperienced guy with zero P5 head coaching on his resume. And that's not a knock on Trev, that's just reality.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1