Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

12 hours ago, El Straino said:

I'm not saying he let himself go, but seriously, he let himself go.

Actually, he's no different from 80% of other coaches/parents out there. It's just that he was sooooo small as a player back in the day.

znow609ypmlbsyfik9xe.jpeg

I am not trying to fat-shame Turman.  I know I have a lot more lbs than I did at 18-22 years old.  It's just always been jarring, because he  seemed so small and slender during his time as QB at NU.  Josh Huepel is a famous coach who could be 100 lbs heavier than he was as a QB.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Comish said:

True, because outside of running the table, Trev was never going to bet HIS future/legacy on an inexperienced guy with zero P5 head coaching on his resume. And that's not a knock on Trev, that's just reality.

Which is funny, because each week we would see fans on this board going with "If Mickey can lead NU to a win this week, I think Trev should name him the full-time head coach" and then they would say the same thing, from week to week, as the losses kept on mounting.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Comish said:

True, because outside of running the table, Trev was never going to bet HIS future/legacy on an inexperienced guy with zero P5 head coaching on his resume. And that's not a knock on Trev, that's just reality.

Mickey had many of the qualities. Not nearly enough of them. Along with that I’m not sure who he would’ve assembled his staff with. It would have been challenging whatever connections he might have.

It wasn’t about being for or against him but the reality of it. 

Now there’s been a shadow cast over his character following his arrest involving alleged actions calling into question integrity which was among his strongest assets. 

20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Which is funny, because each week we would see fans on this board going with "If Mickey can lead NU to a win this week, I think Trev should name him the full-time head coach" and then they would say the same thing, from week to week, as the losses kept on mounting.

Yeah, but he beat Iowa at the end, remember?

44 minutes ago, LennynSquiggy said:

Beating his wife ended up trumping his Iowa win and unfortunately the former will be remembered for far longer than his Iowa win.

idk man. I'll watch the Iowa win highlights on youtube for years. Don't think I'll be regularly pulling up Mickey's mugshot or Priscilla's instagram posts