Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

13 hours ago, Husker816 said:

Mickey did something sorta similar in college and covered up for a sexual predator at LSU he can GTFO and no women beaters can get lost. 

I just heard this story over the weekend from friends who were friends with the woman he did it to back in college. This is absolutely a pattern. That issue should have made front-page headlines and gotten Mickey kicked off the team immediately, but it was covered up, and it's only being talked about now because he did it again.

I'd like to say I can't believe they hired Mickey after that incident 30 years ago, but the more I hear about Osborne the more I can 100% believe it.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'd like to say I can't believe they hired Mickey after that incident 30 years ago, but the more I hear about Osborne the more I can 100% believe it.

For all the good Osborne's done and the good qualities he possesses as a person, which are plenty, he really bought into his own hype so much in a way that resulted in too much damage and carnage to others.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

For all the good Osborne's done and the good qualities he possesses as a person, which are plenty, he really bought into his own hype so much in a way that resulted in too much damage and carnage to others.

And he personally ran interference with the local PD and news outlets to suppress stories about his players. My friends who witnessed this in person thought I knew.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I just heard this story over the weekend from friends who were friends with the woman he did it to back in college. This is absolutely a pattern. That issue should have made front-page headlines and gotten Mickey kicked off the team immediately, but it was covered up, and it's only being talked about now because he did it again.

This is why I said earlier in this thread that HR for Husker Athletics is not raising enough red flags, or else they are and the administration is overlooking it.  If Frost had issues with drinking and was missing visits for key recruits, that is something that in most organizations would result in immediate termination (if it's impacting job performance).  I cannot imagine these habits just started late in his 4th season too and it explains a lot for why this team continued to lose games.  

As for Joseph, I agree with you that his past misconduct at a minimum should have caused pause in bringing him on as a coach, and if anybody in HR or the athletic administration knew the full story, it likely would have meant passing on him taking over as interim HC.  

Its also pretty much bull$%^&.  Just like Frank getting all these student pregnant and every coach since then assaulting people/drinking too much/ having affairs etc.  I have family on the police force in Lincoln and I worked in the media there during the late 90s. Those things were usually unfounded.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

For those whose moral high ground wouldn't allow them to hire Urb.....Further information (proof) to the younger fans that TO was not the saint some have made him out to be....

• Haha 1