Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

1 hour ago, Vizsla1 said:

Trail date has been moved/delayed again.

"The delay is because prosecutors need a key witness in the case to come and testify - but that person has moved out of state since the alleged abuse happened."

I am not a lawyer; but does this mean his case will be thrown out? 

https://www.1011now.com/video/2023/03/21/mickey-joseph-court-case-delayed-again/?fbclid=IwAR3azDndCq-CaLkpnnLS3LvxBZLRd9LKS2NEWIwJPNmk_Z5Jdvscqx197WE

Sounds like behind the scenes manipulating. The defendant has probably been participating in counseling as part of a strategy. The witness is conveniently absent and not able for the process to move forward. Everyone is quiet as a mouse. Every tactic will be employed for self preservation and to avoid consequences. 

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Sounds like behind the scenes manipulating. The defendant has probably been participating in counseling as part of a strategy. The witness is conveniently absent and not able for the process to move forward. Everyone is quiet as a mouse. Every tactic will be employed for self preservation and to avoid consequences. 

Yep, Mickey cost himself the opportunity for a $1M+ annual salary being the WR coach at NU.  Now he's working with his wife to figure out a way to salvage his marriage and any coaching career he may have going forward.

EDIT:  I forgot that Mickey is also trying to avoid any criminal penalties (jail or probation).

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yep, Mickey cost himself the opportunity for a $1M+ annual salary being the WR coach at NU.  Now he's working with his wife to figure out a way to salvage his marriage and any coaching career he may have going forward.

EDIT:  I forgot that Mickey is also trying to avoid any criminal penalties (jail or probation).

I want to believe in good faith efforts being made to confronting any potential destructive conduct. That unfortunately usually isn’t the case.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I want to believe in good faith efforts being made to confronting any potential destructive conduct. That unfortunately usually isn’t the case.

Especially given the age of Joseph's wife and the fact that they have young kids.  He holds all of the power in the relationship.  If she wants to go on the rest of her life with her kids in a certain standard of living, the only option for her to have that life is if the charges are dropped against him and he is able to get back to coaching somewhere.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Especially given the age of Joseph's wife and the fact that they have young kids.  He holds all of the power in the relationship.  If she wants to go on the rest of her life with her kids in a certain standard of living, the only option for her to have that life is if the charges are dropped against him and he is able to get back to coaching somewhere.

Yikes... 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
  • 2 weeks later...

The case had been set for a preliminary hearing, where a judge would hear testimony before determining if probable cause exists for the case to move forward to an arraignment in district court. 

But last month, Lancaster County Attorney Pat Condon sought a court order to compel Joseph's accuser — a material witness in the case — to attend the hearing, suggesting she no longer was cooperating with prosecutors.

Prosecutors would need her to testify in order to convict Joseph of impeding her breathing. 

The case against Joseph has been dismissed. The alleged victim (Joseph’s wife) wouldn’t testify against him, which makes it nearly impossible for the DA to get a conviction.  This ends a very ugly few months, which cost Joseph the opinions of many fans, strife within his marriage, and millions of $. It will be interesting where his career in coaching will go from here. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The case against Joseph has been dismissed. The alleged victim (Joseph’s wife) wouldn’t testify against him, which makes it nearly impossible for the DA to get a conviction.  This ends a very ugly few months, which cost Joseph the opinions of many fans, strife within his marriage, and millions of $. It will be interesting where his career in coaching will go from here. 

Very interested to see what happens next for MJ as well.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure how this is the best outcome, as a guy who was allegedly choking his wife will go “unpunished” in the courts.  This happens far too often, and results in continued domestic violence. 

It was never proven in the court of law. It is and always has been only at best hearsay. I do think they tried to say bruising was also present but without witness and testimony it is hearsay and though I am not saying it didn't happen, I can with absolute truth say I've witnessed people telling lies. So.. MJ is innocent by the court of law. Time for everyone to move on so old wounds can mend. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

It was never proven in the court of law. It is and always has been only at best hearsay. I do think they tried to say bruising was also present but without witness and testimony it is hearsay and though I am not saying it didn't happen, I can with absolute truth say I've witnessed people telling lies. So.. MJ is innocent by the court of law. Time for everyone to move on so old wounds can mend. 

I realize Joseph is innocent until proven guilty, and that the alleged crime was going to prove without testimony from the alleged victim. I just don’t know if it’s the “best outcome” as you stated. It’s the outcome that occurred. I’m moving on, and while it will be interesting to see what happens with Mickey, I won’t need to see him do that in Husker red, and as a representative of the University of Nebraska. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 4