Mickey Joseph Arrested For Assault

Hagg

43 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

He will be brought in by someone in the SEC or at Colorado.

Yeah, I could see a guy like Hugh Freeze hiring him. Though he might have to go to Jerry Falwell U for a while first.

53 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Get this out of the Husker football forum. I'm not interested in reading any more about this mess when I come to get my daily dopamine hit.

Making statements like that does cause a dopamine hit. Lol

I can appreciate what you’re saying though!

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The case against Joseph has been dismissed. The alleged victim (Joseph’s wife) wouldn’t testify against him, which makes it nearly impossible for the DA to get a conviction.  This ends a very ugly few months, which cost Joseph the opinions of many fans, strife within his marriage, and millions of $. It will be interesting where his career in coaching will go from here. 

Well, perhaps now his chances of getting hired somewhere are.. a bit better.  And perhaps scrutiny of him will be about his coaching prowess (or lack thereof) rather than domestic issues. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The case against Joseph has been dismissed. The alleged victim (Joseph’s wife) wouldn’t testify against him, which makes it nearly impossible for the DA to get a conviction.  This ends a very ugly few months, which cost Joseph the opinions of many fans, strife within his marriage, and millions of $. It will be interesting where his career in coaching will go from here. 

Perhaps he'll be vilified for the rest of his life, with no chance at all of getting his career back on track.  Perhaps he's demonic, unlike the angelic snots here at Husker Board. 

There must be abuser activist groups where people attend to deny the reality of domestic violence and the potential severe outcomes of it. These were serious charges.

We can only hope that what transpired that day and any other irregularities in their relationship have in fact effectively been addressed by both. And, whatever possible conduct on Mickey Joseph's part or behavioral issues he might have are in the process of being confronted head on in the interest of everyone. Particularly the family's children.

We say that we value accountability. To have a culture where people are safe, are free to achieve their best and contribute. Actions bringing physical harm to others, trauma and anything threatening the welfare of others, if true, should always have consequences. No exceptions.

There are complexities for sure. I assume nothing. I just don't want to later learn that a death occurred or someone has to endure the affects of having gone through ongoing traumatic experiences when, it could have been prevented. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, M.A. said:

There must be abuser activist groups where people attend to deny the reality of domestic violence and the potential severe outcomes of it.

If there is one then my almost ex brother in law, mother in law and wife started it. They will be ex's in 10 days.

Abuse isn't just physical violence. Cheating, gaslighting and scapegoating are all abusive and finances can be used to abuse as well. (My stbx wife engaged in all of those including the physical violence.)

Here's a thought, what if the rumors of Mickey catching his wife in the act of cheating are true? Does that change anything in your mind? (It does in mine, his reaction becomes understandable but still unacceptable.)

If for some reason Joseph was kept on staff and he is now no longer under prosecution, would we all be like….”see, he’s good! Glad we kept him! We waited until it was done in court and we have a great recruiter and coach. One of our own, let’s move on and let him do his job!”  

Methinks not.  This went from a public issue that was handled by the courts as far as they could take it. Now it’s out of court and it is only personal now, better or worse. 

N did the right thing letting him go.  Even tho it’s turned out this way (no more prosecution), we’ll never know all the facts or even innuendo. Let’s let this fade out and remain personal now. Maybe in 3yrs we may place Joseph in the “those no longer with us” thread if he gets a new job. 

I am more interested when Thompson will throw and who our left tackle will be. 
I can nearly guarantee the players aren’t thinking of this case anymore. We shouldn’t either. 

hope the best for their family. 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, I am I said:

If for some reason Joseph was kept on staff and he is now no longer under prosecution, would we all be like….”see, he’s good! Glad we kept him! We waited until it was done in court and we have a great recruiter and coach. One of our own, let’s move on and let him do his job!”  

Methinks not.  This went from a public issue that was handled by the courts as far as they could take it. Now it’s out of court and it is only personal now, better or worse. 

N did the right thing letting him go.  Even tho it’s turned out this way (no more prosecution), we’ll never know all the facts or even innuendo. Let’s let this fade out and remain personal now. Maybe in 3yrs we may place Joseph in the “those no longer with us” thread if he gets a new job. 

I am more interested when Thompson will throw and who our left tackle will be. 
I can nearly guarantee the players aren’t thinking of this case anymore. We shouldn’t either. 

hope the best for their family. 

Fair enough.